1. IGNORANCE OF THE RULES IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR VIOLATING THEM. These rules can and will be changed on a regular basis to facilitate expansion and clarification. It is your responsibility to check the rules often to be aware of their content.
2. All posts must be on topic. Aside from spam threads, do not post anything that does not relate to the discussion at hand. The staff will be somewhat lenient with this rule.
3. All posts must be at least four words or more in length. Images, videos and emoticons do not count towards this word total. The Spam Spasms forum is excepted from this rule. (This rule took effect on May 12, 2009)
4. Inappropriate language is prohibited. This includes cussing, sexual innuendo, insults, baiting, racism, trolling, flaming and any other behavior the staff deems to be abusive.
5. These boards are PG-13. Anything that contains explicit nudity, explicit sexuality, extreme violence, grotesque or disturbing imagery or anything else we deem to be in poor taste will be deleted.
6. Linking is allowed. If your link contains content that is rated above PG-13, please add the tag NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or something similar. Some topics, such as Sankaku Watch, will contain several links to a NSFW site. In this instance, the first post of the topic establish that the entire thread will contain NSFW links.
7. Sexual solicitation or harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Always use good judgment and play it safe; if you think it might be inappropriate, it probably is.
8. Any advertisements for goods or services are forbidden, with the exception of anime-related sites. You may not link to sites that sell MMORPG gold or sexual material.
9. When posting spoilers, always use the spoiler tags. If you're not sure whether or not something constitutes a spoiler, please refer to the Spoiler Statue of Limitations:
A spoiler is still valid if the original work it comes from from is under a certain age.
--For Movies/Video Games: 1 year or younger
--For Anime/Television: 1 week or younger (6 months for season/series finale spoilers)
--For Books: 5 Years or younger
Modified from Scalzi.com
For example, "Gandalf is alive!" is not a spoiler, since the original book (The Two Towers) is over five years old.
10. When commenting on the work or opinions of others, please be constructive in your criticism or praise. Be civil and courteous.
11. Trolling is prohibited. Any posts that violate this rule will be deleted rapidly.
12. Any images posted using the IMG tag must be 640 pixels wide or less. If your image is larger than this, either reduce it in size or link to it.
13. No hotlinking! Don't hog other websites bandwidth; host images on your own image account. Photobucket makes it easy to upload images from URLs.
14. Signature images must not be wider than 600 pixels, or taller than 200 pixels. If you put more than one image in your sig, the all the images combined must also be less than 600 pixels by 200 pixels. If you put text in your sig, it must be no more than four lines if you have an image, or six lines if you don't.
15. Your posts must be legible, and follow basic spelling, grammar and capitalization rules where applicable. Remember, there are non-native English speakers who use this site, some of whom read these forums as part of their ongoing English as a Second Language education. Avoid excessive use of slang, jargon, unnecessary abbreviations (such as ‘u’ for you), leet speak, grammar errors and spelling errors. Generally, unintentional grammar or spelling errors will be corrected by the staff without incident. If you are having trouble with spelling, we suggest downloading a spellchecker plugin for your browser.
16. The Moderators and Administrators have every right to punish you in any way they see fit for violations of these rules. If a Moderator or Administrator feels you are acting inappropriately, but the violation is not covered in these rules, they still have every right to punish you. Although you will generally be punished in a manner consistent with the warning policy outline below, the Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to levy any punishment they see fit.
17. Should you take issue with the behavior of a Moderator or Admin, feel free to contact them with your grievances IN PRIVATE. This is generally done via e-mail or private message. Openly addressing the issue in the forums is prohibited. Feel free to privately report a Moderator to an Admin, but be aware that the Admin will most likely agree with the Moderator’s judgment.
18. Do not inquire about becoming a Moderator or Admin. If we are interested, we will contact you. Furthermore, do not attempt to perform the Moderator's duties for them. They are perfectly capable of running this board without your help.
19. New members who do not post, alter their avatar/sig, or change their profile info will be deactivated after 30 days. If this happens to you, your account can be reactivated by contacting the administrator.
20. This board is the private property of its Administrator. He can do whatever the hell he wants with it, without explaining to anyone in particular, what, wherefore or why. Please remember, you are a GUEST here, so behave accordingly.
Disciplinary action will be administered according to the following system:
First Infraction: Warning; we will contact you via the integrated communication system and issue an informal reprimand.
Second Infraction: 50% Warning; Your warning level will be increased to 50%. Following no further infractions, it will be reduced after a period of one week.
Third Infraction: 100% warning; Your warning level will be raised to 100%. We will administer a suitable penalty which will not include suspension or deletion. Following no further infractions, it will be reduced after a period of two weeks.
4. Sealed Dimension; Your data will be entered into the Sealed Dimension. We will suspend you for a period of no less than two weeks, or you may be deleted. Provided you are permitted to rejoin the project, you will never be given administrative duties unless one of us grants a pardon.
It is strongly recommended to go through a third party trade service such as eBay for exchanges involving money. This site, its staff, members, it's owner and the hosts are not liable nor responsible for any exchange carried out on these forums or via PM and will not enter into any agreement to mediate any exchange under any circumstances. Any such agreement will be void and will not incur any responsibility on the site, its staff, members, its owner or its hosts.