Apollo 11 40th Anniversary

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Apollo 11 40th Anniversary

Post by Kei »

That's one small step for man... one giant leap for mankind.

Forty years ago, to this day, Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon... and humanity took its first step to the stars.
NASA has plenty of cool stuff on the 40th anniversary of Apollo. For me, however, nothing holds more resonace than John F. Kennedy's famous 1962 speech.
Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there."
Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask God's blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Gothlette
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Re: Apollo 11 40th Anniversary

Post by Gothlette »

I was always very impressed by the American space program. I hope they go back to the moon soon, and further into space too.
Peccatum tacituritatis.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

It's pretty sad that, to this day, people still aren't convinced the moon landing happened.
Gothlette wrote:I was always very impressed by the American space program. I hope they go back to the moon soon, and further into space too.
This would be nice, but NASA has routinely gotten the short end of the funding stick--even before the financial crisis. I'm sure there are plenty of scientists and astronauts salivating over the idea of making another moon landing before sending a scouting team to Mars, but I doubt either will happen anytime soon.