Akinator, 'web genius'

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: Akinator, 'web genius'

Post by Taiga »

Ok... currently running him out of ideas with Joshua York from the book Fevre Dream.

So far he's guessed one guy i don't remember and both Lestat and Louis from the Anne Rice vampire series. Amon question 40 so far. I thinki'll restart

Ok... Lestat then Marius... and Armand ... Anne Rice vampires again.

Fevre Dream is a book by George R R Martin. Has a similar feel to the Anne Rice Vampire series though, guess.
Sinistromanual
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Sinistromanual »

Well, vampires are getting more popular thanks to a certain book... So it'd guess those before, say, a doppelganger or something like that.

{Fly is a Pokemon technique, right? So I'll use it to get to the top of these competitions with my trusty bird Pokemon!}
ImageImageImage
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

I hope it is not the $%^&^%$ Twilight book i heard about ALL this time!!
The Fight Had Just Begun
Sinistromanual
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Sinistromanual »

Please don't mention the name of it. The fans have a radar for it, I swear they do.

{Fly is a Pokemon technique, right? So I'll use it to get to the top of these competitions with my trusty bird Pokemon!}
ImageImageImage
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

actually... that series has vampires that are far too different to those of the Anne Rice books to come out in the answers I was giving.

'Are they french in heritage?' -- yes
'are they teenagers?' -- no
Sinistromanual
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Sinistromanual »

No, I don't doubt that at all, but what I mean is that a certain book will have made the idea of vampires more appealing to people. It might boost the popularity of all vampire books as a result, not to mention that I know very few people who have not heard of those vampires.

ImageImageImage
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

I never see a vampire sparkle in sunlight and live before (reading that certain book) But i saw a vampire that sparkle in sunlight once before i swept his dust out of my room.
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I guess the problem with Josh York was that he wasn't actually a vampire. In that book the 'vampires' are a different race that developed before humans and evolved to feed on them. They refer to us as cattle, using our own language and creating nothing themselves.

They can't turn humans, either... they are born, as we are. The only reason our race isn't extinct is that the young more often than not tear up their mother's insides during birth, killing her.

Stronger, faster, longer lived, harder to kill... but purely a parasitical race due to the curse of the 'red thirst' and the fact that sunlight burns them... though they may take hours to die from it dependng how strong-willed they are. A 'bloodmaster' may last upwards of 7 hours before they start to truly die.

Josh is a good character though, being able to tame the red thirst with a drink he developed from pigs blood and various other things. He grew up among humans, not his own kind... and manages to be the strongest of the lot.

Anyway, you should read it. Fevre Dream is an epic book.
Sinistromanual
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Sinistromanual »

That sounds quite interesting. I might look it up. :)

ImageImageImage