Random Quote!

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Random Quote!

Post by Kei »

Well... here I was looking for the Random Quote thread, only to realize we didn't have one. Well, now we do!

This particular quote was gleaned from the Newsvine comment thread on Obama's Labor Day union speech.
Brandon-801865 wrote:I am so glad that my 5 year olds, on their own volition, castigated Republicanism as "emotionally driven thinking from the reptilian part of the brain."
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: Random Quote!

Post by Yuuki »

GLaDOS wrote:Remamber when the platform was sliding into the firepit and i said "goodbye" and you were like "NO WAY" and then i was all, "we pretended we were going to murder you...that was great.
Maikeru Nagato wrote:......
Kei

Post by Kei »

Optimus Prime wrote:There's a thin line between being a hero... and being a memory.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

Tun-Zeeus wrote:The Dividing line between a live hero, and a dead one is a sharp sword
Alyx Vance wrote:Hey...is that a combine zombie?...heh thats kinda like a..ummm...a..a Zombine....heheh yeeaa
KAITO
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by KAITO »

Jolteon wrote:Jolt!
????? wrote:Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow?
God wrote:-the cat can be divided by zero.
How's that?
ESOS Brigade leader. "Everything relating to Space Aliens, Espers, Time Travelers, Odd goings on and Sliders" is what it stands for.
Kei

Post by Kei »

David McKenzie wrote:Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the “Ellie May,” a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.
Kei

Post by Kei »

President Obama illustrates the core tenants of liberalism.
Barack Obama wrote:Our predecessors understood that government could not, and should not, solve every problem. They understood that there are instances when the gains in security from government action are not worth the added constraints on our freedom. But they also understood that the danger of too much government is matched by the perils of too little; that without the leavening hand of wise policy, markets can crash, monopolies can stifle competition, and the vulnerable can be exploited. And they knew that when any government measure, no matter how carefully crafted or beneficial, is subject to scorn; when any efforts to help people in need are attacked as un-American; when facts and reason are thrown overboard and only timidity passes for wisdom, and we can no longer even engage in a civil conversation with each other over the things that truly matter - that at that point we don't merely lose our capacity to solve big challenges. We lose something essential about ourselves.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

The Terminator said:
I'll be back.
Kei

Post by Kei »

Now here's a philosophical question for the ages.
Epicurus wrote:If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to, then He is not omnipotent. If He is able, but not willing, then He is malevolent. If He is both able and willing, then whence cometh evil? If He is neither able nor willing, then why call Him God?
Kei

Post by Kei »

Roger Ebert weighs in on the current political climate.
Roger Ebert wrote:Conspiracy theories themselves have an addictive quality. They appeal to a personality type. Many of those who take nourishment from them have, I suspect, a bitter resentment against authority. They don't want anyone telling them what to do. They're defiant. Anyone who is in power is lying to them for evil motives. Nothing they learn from the mainstream media can be trusted. Some people may think they're so smart -- but these conspiracy insiders know the real story. They learn it from each other, they embellish it, they pass it around, they "document" it with invented connections, they bond among themselves, and they live in a closed system that seems to validate them.

They lack common sense. Their conspiracy theories cannot tolerate it. Most reasonable people, when they heard Obama wanted to kill their grandmother, simply smiled, because -- well, because they knew he didn't. But the conspiracy people Know Better. That's the whole point. That's where the fun comes in. They have a peculiar intensity in their circular reasoning. They cite facts that are not facts, supported by authorities who are not authorities. As my grandmother freely said of perhaps too many people, "They don't have the sense God gave them."
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

I found this on a Corp page for EVE Online:
I'm so confused as to what Eve is...
It's a space-themed spread sheet.
I wish that wasn't true... :P
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

I few months ago, when a maggot was found in my sister's room:

Mother: It's only a small maggot, Molly... it's not been there long
Sister: *in hysterics* But that means there's mum and dad maggots

...she's 17, by the way.

You have to wonder WHY there was a maggot there anyway... since flies tend to give birth in rotten meat, not girls' bedsheets.
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

She must have rotting meat somewhere down there... strange story. :-?
Kei

Post by Kei »

Under my bed there's a petrified pizza...
Kei

Post by Kei »

This is a chat between an Acai ForceMax "live agent" and myself. It has not been edited in any way.
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Anthea'

Anthea: Thank you for chatting with AcaiSlim. May I know, whom am I chatting with?

you: Fred

Anthea: Hi, are you here to place an order?

you: I'm here to conduct an unofficial Turing test.

Anthea: I will do my best to help you. How may I assist you today?

you: My first question: are you a bot?

Anthea: Certainly , I am a real person.

you: So, for example, if I were to ask you what two plus two is, would you know the answer?

Anthea: 2+2=4

you: Interesting, but that isn't a response to the question I asked. The question I asked was a yes or no question.

Anthea: Yes.

you: Ah, most interesting. Okay, Anthea, may I ask what the meaning of your name is?

Anthea: Meaning of my name is baby girl.

you: I see. You're employed by ForceMax?

Anthea: We do offer acai force max.

you: Multiple news organizations, such as MSNBC and CNN, have claimed that sites like yours are, in fact, scams designed to obtain the credit card information of hapless consumers and enroll them in expensive subscription programs. Does your company engage in this practice?

Anthea: There are a few competitor companies that have been known to habitually post negative reviews about us around the internet, however it's because we are the premium AcaiSlim seller, selling AUTHENTIC AcaiSlim, and not a cheap imitation brand.

Anthea: If you have any doubts, I urge you to read about the success stories listed on our site. We have live chat and phone support available and accountable to each and every customer round-the-clock.

you: I see. My bank offers a special debit card service which allows me to create a temporary debit card number with a set expiration date. If I chose to, I could use this temporary debit card number to pay for the shipping and handling on your free offer, then set it to expire before you could charge me for any further subscription services. Would that be permissible?

Anthea: Sorry we do not accept debit cards.

you: Credit cards only then?

Anthea: We do accept credit cards only, which must be MasterCard or VISA.

you: It's possible for my debit card to function as a credit card. In fact, you could charge it as a VISA credit card, with no appreciable difference on your end of the transaction. Why would a debit card not be acceptable?

Anthea: Sorry, There is no other way out except credit card.

you: Your terms of service state the following:

you: Once the fourteen (14) day Trial period is over, your Active Credit Card will be charged the monthly Membership fee of Eighty-Seven Dollars and Sixty-Two Cents ($87.62) ("Monthly Fee"). Your next (1) month supply of ForceMax™ Products will be shipped thirty (30) days from the date that your initial one (1) month supply was shipped in connection with your Trial Membership. Thereafter, for as long as your Membership remains active, your Active Credit Card will be charged the Monthly Fee on a monthly basis, plus the Shipping and Handling Fee, for your ongoing Membership. You hereby authorize ForceMax™ (or its partners, affiliates and/or agents) to charge your Active Credit Card all such fees associated with Membership on a monthly basis. You acknowledge and agree that ForceMax™ will not obtain additional authorization from you for each installment of Monthly Fees charged to your Active Credit Card. In addition, you do not hold ForceMax™ responsible for any overdraft charges or fees which you might incur during the ongoing Membership.

you: Why do you not make that clear on your main site?

Anthea: Every thing is clearly mentioned in out terms and conditions.

you: Earlier, I asked if you enrolled hapless consumers in expensive subscription programs. Those terms and conditions indicate that you follow that practice.

Anthea: Could you please let me know the details of the problem which you are facing so that I may help you?

you: Are you aware that the Federal Trade Commission is currently investigating companies such as yours for posting fraudulent customer testimonials and intentionally misleading consumers?

Anthea: Our pills are manufactured in a FDA certified facility.

you: I was referring to the Federal Trade Commission, not the Food and Drug Administration.

Anthea: We're most certainly not a fradu company. There are a few competitor companies that have been known to habitually post negative reviews about us around the internet, however it's because we are the amazing Acai Slim Pills seller, selling AUTHENTIC Acai Slim, and not a cheap imitation brand.

Anthea: If you have any doubts, I urge you to read about the success stories listed on our site. We have live chat and email support available in order to stay available and accountable to each and every customer round-the-clock.

you: You're delivering canned responses. Do you have any intention of giving a serious answer to my questions?

Anthea: I have typed above all messages .

you: I never accused you of not typing them. The typos indicate that they were entered by a fallible human operator. I accused you of delivering canned responses.

Anthea: I am a real person .

Anthea: Do you have any query regarding our product?

you: No, I'm finished asking questions. Thank you for your time.

Anthea: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

Anthea: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Ohwow... that's kinda fail xD
Kei

Post by Kei »

Seen on Twitter:
Um, I don't want to cause a panic but BP's chairman just put his baby son into a rocket and blasted him into outer space.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

The poorest person in the world is not the one without money but one without vision.
– Ghanaian proverb