Epic Music Association

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Epic Music Association

Post by Kei »

Let's play a little mental game with some trailer music!

Here's how it works. First, take a few deep breaths and clear your mind. Then, click on the video below, close your eyes, and listen to the song while letting your imagination run wild. Afterwards, write down what mental images the song conjured up. Did you see vast armies? Hordes of monsters? A sunset on the moon? A beautiful alien princess? Write it out, stream-of-consciousness style, and share it with the rest of us!

Now, to kick things off, here are the images my mind associated with this song.
Spoiler:
As the song began, I saw a large fantasy medieval-style city (much like Gondor from the Lord of the Rings), vibrant and full of people. The city was ruled by both a holy order of knights clad in silver armor, and a mystical order of mages with witches and wizards. The knights and mages were performing mysterious divining ceremonies at the center of the city, in massive cathedral-like halls lit by candlelight. As the song reached a crescendo, the knights and mages formed a massive army, composed of foot soliders, calvary mounted on giant armored lizards, mobile artillery mechanoids made out of stone and each powered by a bonded mage, and broomstick-riding witches as the air force. The chief mage (also the general of the army) rode a massive gold, silver and bronze dragon. This army, ready for war, marched out of the city on their way to meet an unknown threat.
How about you? What did you see?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: Epic Music Association

Post by lazysunside »

As the song began, my vision show from afar, there is a great white city moving closer to my eyes with a terrifying speed (0:15). Then opened the door, one Elf messenger rushed in and shown an Elf King a map. The Elf king look at it and ordered the Elven army to prepare for war (0:22). In the woods, the Elven messenger met and talked to a Human Scout and the Scout blew the war horn (0:29). The leaves then flew as the raging Human Knights rode into war, toward a big field. In one burning village, a hawk landed on one of the Orc hand (he look more human than in the lord of the ring but still have dark green skin) The Orc then look in the hawk eyes and start to look up north (0:41). The Human knight rode to an Dwarf village and start to kill its settlers (0:48). One of the knight got hit by a flying hammer and fell. The Dwarf Army in clad armor charge in along with some Musketeer where they stay low and start to shoot. Then the Human and the Dwarf meet face to face about to clash into each other. (The music now reach it beak "1:00"). The Orc started to seige the Elven city as burning rock from their catapults hit the city. Armies clashed on the war(1:13). Two heroes, a Male Elf Knight and a Female Orc mage met and fight on the high wall. The Elf try to thrust her many times but the Orc dodge it all. The sword went through the Orc clothes leave her un injure as she try to kick the Elf as he grab her leg and throw her down (1:28). Then the screen move away from the Elven city, Farther and father only to see thousands of Human, Elven armies fighting with Orc and Dwarf armies (1:42). The screen now show a Human, an Orc, an Elf and a Dwarf all strike in the order in the end of the screen, the Drawf knocked down the Elven king and smash his head with a hammer. (in the Elven king point of view) the screen turn black after the smash(1:54), only the sound of each race struggles for survival in the battle.
The Fight Had Just Begun
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

When I imagine scenes to go with songs, they tend to involve whatever stories are already floating around my head. So forgive me if this narrative doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It...requires context that only I have full knowledge of. As for the setting: I'll use Dungeons & Dragons terminology to make things simple.

It starts fairly relaxed. Our heroes (a female elf ranger, two male humans (a rogue and cleric), a female human sorceress and a female half-demon paladin) are wandering the streets of a large city. As they marvel at the size and complexity of the architecture, a huge shadow sweeps over them. A silver dragon and an army of celestials suddenly lands in front of the party. Everyone in the marketplace scatters, and the heroes--realizing they're outmatched--run for it. For most of the second half of the song, the party is weaving through the cramped streets and alleys of the residential district, killing celestials that get in their way and making quick route changes whenever the dragon shows up to block their path. At the 1:27 mark, though, the enemy finally surrounds them at a four-way intersection. There are too many celestials flooding in for them to make any forward progress, and all but the sorceress are knocked out by the time the dragon reaches them. The red dragon that's possessing her body, however, is not going down without a fight. Although she struggles to maintain control, her eyes turn red like molten lava. The silver dragon, knowing what this means, attempts to kill her; but it's too late. Now in complete control of his host, the red dragon unleashes a massive explosion around the sorceress and her friends. The song ends as everything turns white from the searing heat.

So yeah, I know, yet another medieval fantasy thing. How boring. In my defense, that type of song tends to lend itself more to fantasy than any other genre.

Kei

Post by Kei »

Hmm, how interesting that virtually everybody (including myself) found that to be a fantasy-oriented piece.
Okay, here's our next one, "Mado Kara Mieru". This song was composed by Christopher Tin, whose most famous work is his Civilization 4 theme "Baba Yetu". What images does it conjure up for you?

I'll post my own thoughts on this song when I've had some sleep. ^_^;
Kei

Post by Kei »

(0:00) It is twilight in a thick forest. As the dim light of the yet-unseen rising sun fills the leaves with an eerie blue glow, a young Celebi nesting in one of the trees awakens. She flies upward slowly and silently, through the forest canopy and above the treetops, where she casts her gaze as the eastern horizon. The distant purple snow-capped mountains on the horizon are awash with light, but the sun has not yet peeked above them.

(0:55) With a brilliant flash, the sun rises above the mountains. Beams of morning light penetrate the forest.

(1:26)The Bird-type Pokemon are the first to awaken, filling the air with their singing and chirping. These sounds soon awaken the other Pokemon; Bidoof, Rattata, Bellsprout, Zigzagoon and dozens of other species yawn, stretch their limbs and start hunting for breakfast. Celebi begins flying through the trees, observing the forest coming to life beneath her. The ground below is awash with noise and movement, teeming with Pokemon going about their morning business.

(2:35) Suddenly, everything falls silent. All the Pokemon around Celebi seems to have vanished, as if they fled in fear. As she looks around in confusion, she sees a majestic sight: a lone Entei, throwing his mane about casually, walks towards her, barely noticing her presence. She quickly hides in a tree and observes the legendary beast as he calmly strides through the forest, confident in his dominance over this realm.

(3:22) The Entei suddenly rears back his head and lets loose a mighty roar. He then leaps, faster than lightning, and thunders off at incredible speeds into the forest. In less than a second, he is beyond Celebi's sight. A great whirlwind follows his path, stripping entire trees bare with its fury.

(3:58) Awed by this sight, Celebi bows her head in silent prayer. She thanks Arceus for blessing the world with such wonder and beauty. With a newfound sense of contentment and peace, she flies off into the morning sun.