Metal Gear Solid 4

You c-can discuss video gaming here. Just d-don't give Haruhi any strange ideas about dressing me up like game characters...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Jusuchin Panjirinanu
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Metal Gear Solid 4

Post by Jusuchin Panjirinanu »

So, before I had erased the save files and whatnot in a fit of anger, anyone else pick up this nicely done and beautiful game? It's not really my liking, being more of a Medal of Honor/Halo/Call of Duty person, but the boss fights are nice breaks from monotonous alert levels and rambo style 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh' moments when I open up on PMC troops with a machine gun.

A Journey Through Life
Some idiotic anime-based blog.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4

Post by Joel »

I would very much like to get it seeing as I've got all the other MGS games and they're probably my favourite set of games ever but PS3s cost far too much. I'll hopefully get it later this year or if it comes out for another console. Does look amazing though. Not sure about the fact that you can apparently go through the game playing it as if its just any FPS though... I still plan on getting it though.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

ive seen two different methods of play in 2 days. one friend bought the game and played true to MGS4 style, subterfuge and covert tactics. It took him a while to get to the end of act one.
On the otherhand, this other bloke rambo'd his way in shooting everything that moved and blitzed the game in a matter of hours.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

Heh... like me and my friend Ben on Halo. I'm the sniper, he's the distraction... serious berserker style.
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

BF2 here anyone
The Fight Had Just Begun
Jusuchin Panjirinanu
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Ah, I'm a mixture of the two kinds of play actually. Between snake's traditional don't kill me I'm sneaking to the classic rambo moments...I act more like force recon. Sneak when needed, rambo when found. My weapons loadout is usually tranq, M14 EBR, HK21E or M60E4 w/ scope, and RPG-7. The M14 EBR is set on semi-auto, while the HK21E on three round burst.

I've wasted a good portion of my Drebin points on suppressors for the M14 EBR. It was well worth it in my opinion. XD

A Journey Through Life
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

I randomly started playing MGS3 today. Played it for about 3 hours and just beat The End. When you know where you're meant to go your style of play changes a heck of a lot. First playthrough I'd've got found almost every 2 minutes. Now I think I've been found 4 times throughout. Actually been using CQC as well this time. I really want MGS4... I might have to get Portable Ops just to fuel my MGS wantom. Wasn't going to originally but oh well. I better get a PS3 soon. I think my rant about needing MGS4 is over now.
Jusuchin Panjirinanu
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

My dad bought the PS3 mainly because he knew Guitar Hero 3 was on it, and we needed a blu-ray DVD player. It was a Father's Day sale, where Wal-Mart gave away 100$ gift cards with every Blu-Ray DVD player bought, including the PS3.

This MGS seems like a good solid mixture of action and sneaking. But then again. I end up getting the good side of militia by killing the PMCs. Dunno how many times I've spearheaded a rebel or militia offensive XD. Force Multiplication FTW.

A Journey Through Life