Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars

You c-can discuss video gaming here. Just d-don't give Haruhi any strange ideas about dressing me up like game characters...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars

Post by Dragon »

I know... I know.. its a PC game and not something from the hypno-box we call TV. But hey it is a form of entertainment now isn't it? Isn't it?.... :shock:

Well I was talked into picking up this little PC time-suck gem of a game by a good friend of mine whom I've spent many hours toiling away with in mock C&C Generals Zero Hour battles against the ever so challenging AI. So being something of novice veterans of C&C Gen ZH my buddy and I thought that we could easily handle the AI in C&C T Wars, so we promptly set the AI to 'Brutal' and started a skirmish against it. Lets just say that C&C T Wars blows C&C Gen ZH away. Frankly C&CTW promptly handed both of us our own keasters on a silver platter with every square inch of em' freshly and thoroughly kicked. Would you like some wine to go with your freshly kicked keaster sir? :shock: :shock: Still it is a fun game though I found it a bit frustrating trying to get some of the upgrades and base defenses to work properly (This is why you should RTFM). But onces I grew a brain and RTFM, the game got a lot more enjoyable (still hard as all Heck though). Its not too steep a learning curve if you've played C&C G ZH before, but it will require quite a bit of practice to master. Personally I think it will be quite a while before I have it down to where I win more than I lose.. but the fun is in the trying....
bluemercury
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by bluemercury »

that one of the few game to come out in the last 12 months that i actually want time get, but i got to upgrade my vid card first, for it to run smooth. :cry:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

bluemercury wrote:that one of the few game to come out in the last 12 months that i actually want time get, but i got to upgrade my vid card first, for it to run smooth. :cry:
Same here... but I have it and can't even run it. :cry:
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

AzgalathQ wrote:
bluemercury wrote:that one of the few game to come out in the last 12 months that i actually want time get, but i got to upgrade my vid card first, for it to run smooth. :cry:
Same here... but I have it and can't even run it. :cry:
Just like Supreme Commander, ne? :P
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Well it ran just fine on my shuttle gaming rig:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4ghz)
1gig ram
AGP 256meg GeForce 7600gs (set to 1440 x 900)

It ran with all the settings maxed, but albeit with a slight slowdown so I dropped a couple of settings for some better game play.

I haven't thrown it at my 2 gig, Dual Core Athlon rig which has a better 256meg PCI Express Geforce 7900 in it... but since it plays just fine on the lesser system.. I may not bother...
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

Ok, I loaded the game on my dad's computer... and I can play it now. It doesn't make sense... I can't play it on my comp, but my dad's computer which is older than mine by about a year and a half. Why can't my computer play it when my dad's older computer can?!?! :evil:
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

AzgalathQ wrote:Ok, I loaded the game on my dad's computer... and I can play it now. It doesn't make sense... I can't play it on my comp, but my dad's computer which is older than mine by about a year and a half. Why can't my computer play it when my dad's older computer can?!?! :evil:
That is indeed strange.... hmmm... first guess would be the video card... If your computer is a Laptop then that may be the reason...
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

Dragon wrote:
AzgalathQ wrote:Ok, I loaded the game on my dad's computer... and I can play it now. It doesn't make sense... I can't play it on my comp, but my dad's computer which is older than mine by about a year and a half. Why can't my computer play it when my dad's older computer can?!?! :evil:
That is indeed strange.... hmmm... first guess would be the video card... If your computer is a Laptop then that may be the reason...
We both have HP Desktops... I think he's updated his graphics drivers and I haven't.

Anyway... The game is great! I love playing as the Scrin (the aliens). They have a killer air force and it's fun to see a group of 20 battlewalkers blow a base to bits. :twisted:
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yeh thats fun to watch... (even when your the one being blown up!).... :lol:
Try playing against the AI in a skirmish on brutal and see how well it plays (Hint the Scrin are endless)...