Mechwarrior: Living Legends

You c-can discuss video gaming here. Just d-don't give Haruhi any strange ideas about dressing me up like game characters...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Post by AzgalathQ »

CALLING ALL MECHWARRIOR (BATTLETECH) FANS!

If you don't already know: there is a group making a MOD for Crysis based on the Battletech universe. Here are a few of the features:

--General--
-Two factions (the Inner Sphere and the Clans)
-Destructible landscape
-A currency system where, as you gain ranks, base captures/defenses, kills, and win bets (in the Solaris Arena) you gain C-Bills which you can use to buy vehicles on the battlefield
-A Solaris Arena mode (where people will bet on player matches to make money)
-The ability to destroy certain parts of a mech (you must get through the armor first, then destroy the inner frame)

--Theater of War mode--
-A "Theater of War" mode with Large battlefields (60km wide)
-Up to 30 players (15 on each side)
-The Large battlefields will have bases and objective on them which will resemble maps from the Battlefield series (control points, all of which need to be captured in order to win the base)
-Each side will have certain objectives to reach in order to win (as it is in Quake Wars)
-You'll start out as infantry. Yes, infantry... in a Mechwarrior game. In order to balance this, infantry are the only ones who can capture control points and can "hack" empty enemy vehicles. You CANNOT hack enemy vehicles like in the MechAssault games. They have said that when you build vehicles, you put a code on it so that your friends cannot take the vehicle... but your enemies can somehow "hack" the vehicle to steal it.
-In order to build Mechs, tanks, and other vehicles, a group must first capture a factory where they can buy and partially customize the vehicles individually with C-Bills
-A dynamic day/night cycles (yes, based on a 24-hour clock)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to this! :D

It's supposed to come out sometime this year (2009). So, be on the lookout for this free down-load.
Here's a link to the MOD's website. http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/compon ... /Itemid,1/
Stilts

Re: Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Post by Stilts »

Interesting. Seems like I might have a reason now to reinstall Crysis.

AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

Well, updates on their website has stopped... but that's not a bad thing. A quick look at the forums shows they're putting the finishing touches on it and are planning to release the beta by the end of December. I'll post pack when they open the beta. :)
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

The beta has finally arrived! Anyone who has Crysis... I suggest you download this torrent and try it for your self.

Here's another link to the website.

Here's a link to the official torrent.

I'll join you guys just as soon as I get an ethernet cable for my new PS3 and I get crysis. (I might get Crysis first... but the cable is more important to me.)