Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

You c-can discuss video gaming here. Just d-don't give Haruhi any strange ideas about dressing me up like game characters...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Post by Kagami »

If you have played Assassin's creed 2, then no doubt you were waiting eagerly for the continuation of the story.

In my opinion, Brotherhood doesn't have the impact of its direct predecessor, but so far it has delivered twenty hours worth of fun game play. My few gripes with it are how the story does not relate to the map very well. In previous games, areas of the map were locked off until you had completed the nescessary memory to unlock them, which was fair enough. This forced you to do the missions and the story line never stagnated. In Brotherhood, at least 10 of those game play hours were spent buying shops and aqueducts, most already unlocked without doing any missions at all. Also, missions were usually on the far side of the map, and while there is a speed travel system in the form of the underground tunnels, more often then not there is something else to do in the meantime which distracts you and makes the travel seem a bit of an effort. As such, story continuity begins to lag.

However, I am still enjoying it immensely! Anyone else here have the game?
Ryu
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Post by Ryu »

So this game has more freedom than the second one? Sign me up! And uh, I don't think you can blame the story for lagging if you're actively choosing not to pursue it y'know.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Just remember, the canonical abbreviation for this game is AssBro. :twisted:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

I just got this and dude I'm running into desync walls all the time what are you talking about

EDIT: you know what's really fun? attaching arbitrary goals to story missions! And Jesus christ if you want people to retry missions you make cut scenes skippable especially ones that count towards the time limit for max sync for a mission
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Ryu wrote:I just got this and dude I'm running into desync walls all the time what are you talking about
Which game did you buy, Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood. Brotherhood is the sequel to 2, and is definitely more open. Well, the Rome area is huge and you can travel all through that.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

I have Brotherhood, I thought my whining about the max sync for the Romulus missions would have been indicative of that. Yeah, I was running into desync walls quite frequently, but I hadn't even activated notoriety yet (420 renovate buildings erryday) There are some spots that are still cut off, namely [the final] two Borgia towers on the south east side and a villa, for some reason. Still this game is really really fun, and I'm actually starting to like some of the requirements, especially the don't get detected ones. Now if only there was some way to skip cutscenes.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

You didn't mention romulus earlier...

I clocked the game last night; overall I enjoyed it, but some of the missions were a bit too routine. Got a bit fed up with having to do repetitive guild missions, but once you get your army of assassins it becomes a walk in the park.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

My mistake, I should have mentioned Romulus from the outset, although I don't believe you ever have to worry about sync in the missions of number two.
METAPOD NOOOOO