Haruhiism

Here's where you get to discuss how totally awesome I am! That's right, a forum devoted to me, Haruhi Suzumiya. Post here a lot, especially if you're an alien, time traveler, esper, or a slider!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Haruhiism

Post by lazysunside »

found this on the internet.

"Haruhiism is an inexplicable (for non-Haruhiists) devotion to one of the following enitites:

1) Suzumiya Haruhi
2) Kyon
3) Any other member of the SOS団
4) The SOS団 itself
5) Derivative works of the SOS団, or involving the SOS団.

This includes, but is not limited to, the serialised novels that detail the SOS団, including the anime and manga derivatives of those novels. It also includes the members of SOS団 themselves, and to a lesser degree those members' friends."

Please use this topic only to disscuss about this religion ONLY. Anyone wanna hijack this topic will get Mikuru beams

Typically, Haruhiists (those who practice Haruhiism) experience a strong desire to understand, to share or to observe details involving the above entities. Typical Haruhiist activity includes speculation and discussion of the SOS団 and its derivates, its members and their peers. Examples include, but are not limited to, the posting of such speculative material, the discussion of the most recent SOS団 activities, and the desire to capture as many images of the SOS団 as possible, displaying them in a hypnotic jumble that, while frightening to the outside observer, creates a feeling of peace and/or devotion in a Haruhiist.

The requirements of Haruhiism are not stringent; all that is needed is a belief in the SOS団 or one of its derivates, and membership is self-declared and

@A*(';72KJ

entirely voluntary. Members are, technically, free to leave at any time; however, this is a very rare occurence. It has been said that noone can truly cease to be a Haruhiist. Further speculation points to a theory stating that everyone is, in fact, a Haruhiist; they just have not come to realise it.

This is often cited as the reason for the strong bonding between Haruhiists and the rapid exansion of the religion as a whole.

Hurhism is not officially recognised as a religion by any major country, and does not receive tax benefits. However, that does not prevent its practitioner's desire to share or eagerness to receive Haruhi-related goodness.
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: Haruhiism

Post by Taiga »

If you find something on the net, give a link; It's only fair to the author. =3
---
Surprised it's not an official religion yet, actually. Definitely wide-spread enough.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

The fact that not enough people actually believe in it kinda limits it from being an actual religion. I doubt many people really think its true. I won't say no one thinks its true because there's a certain person on here I really can't predict what they might believe... But oh well.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Heh. The thing about religion is that you can be counted as a religion... while not actually believing it, because so many people aren't outwardly one or another.

I'm waterist, me. The water rules j00r mind!
Nagato
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Nagato »

Pandemonium wrote: Surprised it's not an official religion yet, actually. Definitely wide-spread enough.
There was a movement to have 'Jedi' counted as a religion in Australia during the census. The government got wind of it and firmly forbid it, though :(
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I think a lot more people would be against jedi than Haruhiism, though. everyone knows what a Jedi is o.o
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

time to open a crusade in Viet Nam
The Fight Had Just Begun
Ni-chan
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Ni-chan »

is Haruhiism really a religion?

Well, I say... who can think Haruhi's real?

I like Haruhi, but I won't think Haruhi's god... ^^U

Every person is free to choose any religion wants. But, I don't see the Haruhiism as a religion u_u

I apologize if I said it has disturbed... ^^U

Si te vuelvo a encontrar
te diria tantas cosas que no alcanza una canción
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

don't worry. The gods welcome any thoughts. I'm not a zealot myself but still i like this religion.
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Ni-chan wrote:is Haruhiism really a religion?

Well, I say... who can think Haruhi's real?

I like Haruhi, but I won't think Haruhi's god... ^^U

Every person is free to choose any religion wants. But, I don't see the Haruhiism as a religion u_u

I apologize if I said it has disturbed... ^^U
Well... nobody can prove the gods of 'real' religions are real...

The only difference here is that Haruhi does, indeed, have power. it's just not over our world. She's as much of a god as any other.

Religions (though those who believe in it will probably disagree) require believers... if there is no religion... the god isn't believed in... and ceases to be 'god' to anybody. (Terry Pratchett likes this idea).

If we reverse that... if someone believes Haruhi is their god... she's god and a religion is born.

Besides, by your logic you can't Buddhism as a religion. Ok... maybe a bit of a stretch... but still.
Ni-chan
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Ni-chan »

OK, you're right!

i can't say a thing.

I was wrong u_u

Si te vuelvo a encontrar
te diria tantas cosas que no alcanza una canción
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

If u belive that its right then it is right to you ^^
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Ni-chan: That was a rather quick submission D:

You don't have to agree, you know =p
HaruhiAnon
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by HaruhiAnon »

Haruhiism Uncyclopedia
I recommend especially "Historical conversation about the first Haruhi" which changes its content every night without noticing of wiki history. Yes, mystery.

Theological Quandary for the Haruhiists
Various explanations and views of Haruhiism.

Haruhiism vs. The Church of Madoka
New religion vs. old one. Madoka could be very cute, but, you know - who can resist Haruhi?
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Been a while since this thread was posted in! Although I now bow to a different waifu (*points at avvie*), although I was drawn to this forum by Haruhiism.

The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya was pretty epic, and has a thread dedicated to it, albeit old now.

Only a recent convert?
HaruhiAnon
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by HaruhiAnon »

Nothing's better than interdimensional change of sex early at the morning. Hyperbolically speaking, of course.

I found Project Haruhi after Google's response to Haruhiism (my path was lighted by sparks of Haruhi's commands, heh). It's good to have a "religion" based on fun and randomness - and sometimes it could connect people with similar thoughts or at least with sense of humor.