Season Two OP and ED

Here's where you get to discuss how totally awesome I am! That's right, a forum devoted to me, Haruhi Suzumiya. Post here a lot, especially if you're an alien, time traveler, esper, or a slider!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Season Two OP and ED

Post by Kagami »

With a new season we certainly have new opening and closing songs, but are they comparable to their predecessors?
HaruhiOP.jpg
HaruhiOP.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
OP Sequence
Me likes the song "Super Driver" and its fast paced beat and the animation to the sequence. While it is hard to compare to the original OP which is still mind blowing, this one holds its own...maybe. I liked how the opening sequence was interactive with what we expect from a day in the SOS. Funny too with the character effects and kyon being tie-dragged down the hall. Lots of running though, makes me think being with Haruhi fulfills daily exercise requirements.

ED Sequence
The ED "Tomare" is a catchy song as well, I especially like how each of the girls comes in one by one, I think it goes Yuko, Minori then Aya...hard to miss Aya, her voice is so much stronger then the others. Sweeeeeeet!
More running in the animation, certainly kyo-ani is going for that fast paced animation outlook, maybe to save costs on the details? Who knows. Bit disappointing that there was no effort put into trying to top Hare Hare Yukai, because that was one of the bits that made season one so good.

So yeah, both songs are enjoyable and I look forward to them for each episode and the OP still needs to grow on me, which I'm sure it will....since I'm prone to re-watching 50 billion times.
gr4vityhero
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Re: Season Two OP and ED

Post by gr4vityhero »

I like the new ones but like the old ones too...

The OP and ED in the second season seems more teenager like the series is growing up. I don't know it could just be me. :-?
Kyon: HARUHI! YOU DON'T LIKE TURNIPS!? BUT YOU WANTED TURNIP SOUP!!!

Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: Season Two OP and ED

Post by Yuuki »

No actually i understand your point