CLANNAD

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: CLANNAD

Post by Taiga »

Ep 19 gone. I laughed, I cried, I
Spoiler:
almost broke my face smiling when it because evident Kyou is gonna be in soon <3
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

egh... triple post is triple post... PEOPLE SHOUL REPLY DAMNIT ¬¬

Ep. 20:
Spoiler:
Kyou is so much less fun as an adult!!! =<

Glad to see Fuuko is as insane as ever, though I do wonder if the past will ever be brought to light. Kanon had that story as the main one. Same exact thing basically, Ayu was.

Ushio can't have the same as Nagisa!!!???

Mind you... the significance of that 'new' hospital. I'd say she does but is cured.
Shamisen
Quantum Dominion Singularity

Post by Shamisen »

I've not watched this series methinks I might......

Enjoy the magic of every sunrise.
Wonder at the sight of snow.
Appreciate the joy of living in the now.
Upon tomorrow live a new life for a new day.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

You aught to. It's rather good.

Watch Toradora! too. :p
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

ushio will be fine.
that is me not willing to believe otherwise for the future.

and kyou....
Spoiler:
i demands moar! moar kyou!

where tomoya sang dango dango to ushio at bedtime and then dreamt about nagisa...that bit got me a bit teary...
you can see that while he has made peace with himself he still is on the brink of emotional collapse. if anything were to happen to ushio that would probably be it for him.

It still ticks me off that after highschool suddenly all the main characters push off into their own lives. as if only meet once a year. plus, while tomoya was down and out for the count, why would you avoid him? ug...this is probably more a complaint about afterstory being specifically nagisa/tomoya based with little to no reference to all the other main characters. surely they (being the producers) could of created some arcs interweaving the lives of the group of friends...or maybe this goes deeper for me...yeah, that must be it...WHERE IS TOMOYO??
EDIT: i just saw the title for ep21: 'The end of the world'

...goddammit
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

...dammit.
Spoiler:
The doctor confirms that Ushio has the exact same illness as Nagisa, and will have to suffer the same as her mother did. Tomoya doesnt take this very well but dedicates himself to the day his daughter will get better, even quitting his job to take care of Ushio. However the months go by and she still doesnt get better, finally insisting that she and tomoya go on a trip back to the country. However, while walking to the station her illness suddenly gets much worse and she collapses in Tomoya's arms, claiming that its all gone dark. Tomoya says its because they are on the train already and its midnight. Ushio says she loves her dad then goes limp.

Well crap.

crap crap.

there is now one episode left. What can we hope from it? There is one glimmer of hope that when Tomoya cradles ushio in his arms, and is crying out, there is a fade to white with a powering up noise...maybe those orbs are FINALLY gonna do something...
This episode's theme (besides Ushio being weak) was about how the city is still changing, with reference to the woods where Akio took Nagisa when she was sick, and how they are about to be levelled for the construction of a new shopping center. Nagisa's attatchement to the city (or rather the places where things happened with her) are being replaced, much to Tomoya's dismay.

...i guess now there is zero chance of tomoyo making a reappearance. and no kyou either. dammit
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Damn you, Chris... label what spoilers for what!

I read the one for previous post then the first line of the next and had to hit close asap
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

well the two posts are one week apart :shock:

go watch 21 asap.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

can't ;-;

i refuse to watch clannad/toradora online and i have no torrent program on my dad's laptop

i'd be slaughtered for putting one on
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

HA. well 22 is due out soon~
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

i'm only on 19... i'm 2 behind ><
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

FINAL EPISODE 22 is out.
SPOILER ALERT. this is your first and final warning :P

but no kidding, only click past this if you a) dont care, or b) seen the episode
Spoiler:
I deliberately didn't read anything into this weeks clannad after last weeks emotional roller coaster of an episode. The whole ushio could die thing was dragged out and I had no clue what to expect with this episode.
Well I watched, and the episode didn't disappoint. I'm a sucker for the emotional stuff and I kinda found it hard to keep a straight face for the entire ep. The other world thing between the robot and the girl is concluded, and suddenly the world shifts for tomoya.
Through the power of the orbs, which represent the feelings of those in the town, and the soul of the girl in the other world, a wish was granted.

that bit did it for me...

and with that pic we have done a big circle. The OP from season one included this scene of ushio running through canola (?) flowers, and the scene from the other world where the robot picks up the girls hand while in the snow

happy ending...FTW :D
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

so the series has ended, but long will it not be forgotten.

DVD time...
Kyou-arc to be included with DVD bundle

I am definetely getting this.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

The final DVD has been shipped and bundled with it is an OVA titled "Kyou-arc", a throwback to the visual novel's multiple endings for different characters. This episode is designed in the same way as Tomoyo After, a short episode that centres on the non-Nagisa arcs, in this case on the Fujibayashi twins.

The final spoiler tag from me for this series:
Spoiler:
Synopsis:
Ryou Fujibayashi gathers her courage and asks Tomoya out, and he accepts since he wants to get to know her more, and all goes well for a few weeks. After a date Tomoya runs into a rather depressed Kyou on the street and things get derailed for them both. Kyou readily helped Ryou to work up her courage to ask Tomoya out under the pretense that Kyou only wants to see Ryou happy. Now that they are dating Kyou is miserable, realising that all she did was run away from her own feelings and the fear that Tomoya would reject her. Tomoya himself is torn between the same feelings and radiates misery, and while he grapples with what to do it's Ryou that clears the path for them both, stating that she knew all along that Kyou loved Tomoya and all she (Ryou) wanted to do was be by Tomoya's side. However, while they were dating, Ryou quickly noticed that Tomoya only had eyes for Kyou.
The next day Tomoya confesses to Ryou that he has always loved Kyou, these feelings only became clear to him through dating Ryou. He admits that this is a terrible thing, but he doesn't want to hurt Ryou any more with false feelings. Turns out though it was not Ryou he confessed to, rather Kyou with her hair cut. She breaks down, explaining how Ryou told her to 'stop running away from her feelings' since all they do is hurt other people more. Both Kyou and Tomoya finally come to grips that they actually love each other.

Later, Ryou and Tomoya talk it over, with Ryou not wanting any apologies since she wants to keep the memory of them together happy. Roll end credits with Kyou and Tomoya happy together.
kyou.jpg
kyou.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 2041 times
Thoughts:

Like I said before, this episode is an OVA and as far as I am concerned Nagisa is FTW. However, this arc brings back the feeling that all the separate stories within Clannad are tinged with sadness, very much like the earlier Tomoyo After arc. I did not want to see the original visual novel setup where Kyou goes J-WOL away from Ryou and Tomoya. That would of sucked as a final taste of Clannad. Instead we get another emotional episode that has a happy ending. Kyou herself plays a pretty desparate girl who would give up anything for her sister, except as it turns out, Tomoya. And the way the three of them grapple with the nature of their relationships is exactly what you would expect from a Clannad arc.
Perhaps this episode is Key's way of saying sorry for the lack of Fujibayashi twins in the main After Story arc...who knows. To think that this is it, no more Clannad....its been a long and fun ride, frustrating at times. Especially in After Story where multiple episodes were wasted (in my opinion) on side arcs that went no where, valuable time was wasted here that could of included more Kotomi or the twins themselves and their lives. At least in this arc's universe Kyou found a measure of happiness and for that I'm happy.