Anime conventions

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: Anime conventions

Post by Kagami »

A year on (almost) and it is that time of year again!

Manifest begins this friday. Hip pocket prepped, ready to unleash, and get me some LOOT.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

MCM's coming up for me too... October 24th+25th I believe. Starting to save up now.

I won't have all the money I had last year, so no buying swords and stuff randomly... but I should have enough to survive, navigate London and possibly buy some things.

If I have myself a job by then I may get the chance to buy stuff, though.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

I may try to get MCM this year. I'm sure I'll have enough money with my job. The cost of the train to London's a bit big though. Anyone know how I might get it cheap?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

Go by bus, as I did last year: About £10 return from Manchester, but it's 7 hours each way.

The killing blow is the hotel costs.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

Pandemonium wrote:Go by bus, as I did last year: About £10 return from Manchester, but it's 7 hours each way.

The killing blow is the hotel costs.
I'm not really any where near Manchester and I don't think my city's gonna do a bus to London. I think the train's my only way of getting there.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

well the Manifest '09 was very awesome and the third festival I have been to. Came back with a full lucky star figma set, so am very pleased with myself, got that whole inner awesome glow thing happening.

I WILL post photos and a good long post later on, but I need to get the photos off slothotas camera first, it was his camera we took to the expo. If everyone here has the opportunity to go to an anime festival, I fully recommend it. The atmosphere at these places is awesome, everyone cos playing and taking photos makes for a fantastic atmosphere. I certainly had heaps of fun.

This week is going to be hectic in terms of uni, so ill post when I can.