Ah! My Goddess (AA! Megami-Sama)

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Who is your favorite Ah! My Goddess Character?

Belldandy
20%
Keiichi
No votes
Urd
No votes
Skuld
20%
Lind
20%
Peroth
40%
Megumi
No votes
Sayoko
No votes
Hild
No votes
Mara (Marller)
No votes

Total votes: 5

Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Ah! My Goddess (AA! Megami-Sama)

Post by Dragon »

Ah! My Goddess! (AA! Megami-sama) is a comedic romance-harem anime that is very light in nature and execution. Keiichi Morisato is a Nekomi Tech University student who while trying to order take out one night accidentally makes a phone call to The Goddess Help Line and in doing so changes his life for the better forever.... (well maybe just for only his lifespan). When the Goddess Belldandy comes through Keiichi's mirror offering to fulfill 1 wish for him, Keiichi believes he is being fooled by his Sempai's, so he makes an outlandish wish that binds the Goddess to him forever! From then on Keiichi finds his life anything but boring. Based upon the still ongoing manga of the same name by Kosuke Fujishima, Ah! My Goddess will warm your heart and tickle your funny bone (while also making you want to kick Keiichi in the butt once in a while), and leave you wanting more..
This anime spans 6 OVA's, 1 Movie, and 1 TV series spanning 2 seasons, with the second season just being recently licensed by ADV films and due for release here in a couple of months. Personally I've seen them all and if you like light animes, then this one will not disappoint you.
Katyusha
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Katyusha »

Skuld. Definitely. Explosives and insanity forever.

Just so lazy gets the idea, his posts are blocked by default off my side, and it will stay that way.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

:lol:
Skuld is the super pest by far!!... if a chainsaw named 'Murder-kun' is any kind of example, Skuld is quite homicidal towards K1..... :shock: :D

I still perfer Lind... she wasn't given nearly enough time/depth in the anime.... The Manga at lease portrays her character a little better with some deeper insight...
JustDJR
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by JustDJR »

Hrm, I think im going to have to watch more of S2 before picking (ive hardly seen any of Peroth or the others)

But man, I do have to say, grown up Skuld at the end of S1 :shock:
Anyone who can put up with that much nonsense calmly deserves a following.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I must agree... the adult Skuld was an eye opener and a head turners :D ...
Still though I don't think she out-shines her sisters.. but defiantly on par with them...
As for AMG S2 R1 DVD release... the first disc is out and I must admit that its nice to see/hear the original VA's retained for S2. I'm going to have to watch that first disc again though cause ... well Eileen Stevens actually sings on this first disc... lol.. in the commentary she explains about trying to convert the song (originally sung in Japanese) into English which made structural sense... lol..
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: Ah! My Goddess (AA! Megami-Sama)

Post by lazysunside »

one vote for belldandy
The Fight Had Just Begun