K-ON!

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: K-ON

Post by Kagami »

its great how we all have interests in musical instruments, clarinet, drums, guitar, piano, whatever. :mrgreen:

during high school i played the trumpet and the french horn, but since we had a really crappy music teacher there wasnt much interest on my behalf. But regardless of the instrument, to be able to sit down (or stand) and just practice and enjoy yourself, now that is a great feeling. So far, only the piano has done that for me.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

yea, whenever im alone, i usually put my drums on my old gui- amp and play ^^.

just yesterday i played Please don't say "you lazy" loud and my parents came home half way though, they were impressed with my music skills....also they complimented my good taste in music (and there right, the full version is AWSOME :D)

its good to just sit and listen to your favoraite, for egsample when i listen/play music, i acually feel like i have a meaning to live.

(hence why i listen to music most of the time to keep me from "emo'ness" as skoped-knife calls it ^^')
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

>>3D Mio playing bass on the tube<<

Also... some eagle eyed japanese otaku have found photos of the places used as reference for K-On's intro.
>>The photos behind the win!<<
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

wow nice pics of the scenory a bit specific aswell, i guess otaku's have to do what thy have to do ^^'
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

how could you post that 3D "Mio"?

am forever scarred....

...lucky K-ON! 7 is out, will redeem myself with the 2D version
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

You know the 3D will come to mind.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

...hehehe..i could'nt sleep this morning....so i watched episode 7 ^^'''

it is a pretty funny episode, the much i can say without spoiling it is that they have a christmas party ^^' and we find out what mio's room is like XD also some cute scene's with Yui and Ui :)
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

yeah the episode was ok, yui and ui (what imaginative parents) were the stars of this ep, but to be honest it wasn't the saturday morning hit I was hoping for and have gotten used to. Not because of the sisters, who were interesting enough, but the "oneechan this, oneechan that" got to me after a bit, it just seemed to be too repetitive.
Sisters usually do not act like this..
Sisters usually do not act like this..
vlcsnap-2140669.jpg (27.82 KiB) Viewed 9156 times
For example, when I talk to my sister I do not say her name over and over in one sentence. Usually I go for xx amounts of time without calling her by name at all, I just talk to her directly...and that comes back down to the feeling that K-on! is a hodge podge of all the cutesy and moe elements from series past, all put together and not quite fitting together, the perfect sister relationship is but one example of this.

...and thats it. This ep was a bit too sugary, and it didn't pull it off since nothing much happened. Sawako and Mio tried their best, as always, but the lack of direct Mio exposure in this episode highlighted the flaws in this series, when she doesn't prop it up, the series falls flat. :|
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

i think the "onee-chan, onii-chan" is just how japanese people call there siblings, i mean ive seen it quite alot so it doasn't bother me :)
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Nah, what he means is that they don't need to o it in every single sentence. It's just there for cuteness.

And it fails it.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Wait a sec... you're saying that K-ON is essentially an incredibly crappy show with only one good character in it?

Why bother watching it at all, then?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Because it's there and actually manages to be one of the good ones this season. =_=
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Ryoko wrote:Wait a sec... you're saying that K-ON is essentially an incredibly crappy show with only one good character in it?

Why bother watching it at all, then?
i didnt say it was incredibly crappy, just that the series could be oh so much better, but unfortunately it isn't. While there is story to back it up, and some laughs, it all seems to work. Not memorable, but it works. For me crappy is something i cannot be bothered watching at all like minami-ke season 3 or saki...
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

from someone who watches both...

Saki > K-On

but

Mio > Saki girls
Kei

Post by Kei »

Which reminds me... I need to catch up on watching Saki...
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

*sigh* just looked through the k-on manga....unimaginative is the word. boring is another. bland is the sum. feel sorry for mio.
m'brain is fried, very hard day at uni. need pick me up....need sugar
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

take a looksee at this, ignore the first 35 seconds...
K-ON! figma dance
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

haha... awesome. Though surely they could have found a better head to use for Mio. The one they used would have fit Mugi far better. Mikuru's just didn't.

Haruhi as Ritsu... HAH!
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

sigh....

I am afraid the saturday morning k-on! experience has become....bleh.
Episode 10 out of 12 was, dare I say, boring? Very little Mio equals continual episodic fail, and the new character Asuza is every reason why you shouldnt watch past episode 6. What kind of person, real or not, would rather be practicing her guitar for some undecided event when she could be lounging in a summer villa, lounging in a deck chair on a beach, lounging on a deck chair on a yacht...? Fail.

Ive decided!
Mio, i'll send over an airplane ticket and you can become an exchange student here, practice all you liiiiiiiike....
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Azusa also has stupid hair ¬¬;

She makes my loli radar cry.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

xsirhc wrote:sigh....

I am afraid the saturday morning k-on! experience has become....bleh.
Episode 10 out of 12 was, dare I say, boring? Very little Mio equals continual episodic fail, and the new character Asuza is every reason why you shouldnt watch past episode 6. What kind of person, real or not, would rather be practicing her guitar for some undecided event when she could be lounging in a summer villa, lounging in a deck chair on a beach, lounging on a deck chair on a yacht...? Fail.
Umm... Me? Guitars are far more appealing to be honest... Regardless, I like Asuza and episode 10. All the characters are there to contrast with each other so someone actually wanting to be in a band fits well, I thought. And what do you mean by very little Mio? She was in a bikini half the episode. Even if there was less of her in the episode, it made up for it I thought. There was also more Ritsu making me happy...
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Joel wrote:Umm... Me? Guitars are far more appealing to be honest... Regardless, I like Asuza and episode 10. All the characters are there to contrast with each other so someone actually wanting to be in a band fits well, I thought. And what do you mean by very little Mio? She was in a bikini half the episode. Even if there was less of her in the episode, it made up for it I thought. There was also more Ritsu making me happy...
You'd rather practice guitar than mess about in the sea with a load of girls?

...And I think you've been brainwashed, the characters in this anime don't contrast at all. They just mesh together and turn into a blob of moé.
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

Pandemonium wrote:
Joel wrote:Umm... Me? Guitars are far more appealing to be honest... Regardless, I like Asuza and episode 10. All the characters are there to contrast with each other so someone actually wanting to be in a band fits well, I thought. And what do you mean by very little Mio? She was in a bikini half the episode. Even if there was less of her in the episode, it made up for it I thought. There was also more Ritsu making me happy...
You'd rather practice guitar than mess about in the sea with a load of girls?

...And I think you've been brainwashed, the characters in this anime don't contrast at all. They just mesh together and turn into a blob of moé.
If I was a girl I wouldn't want to, which is the situation at hand. There's not a single man in that anime... And I don't think I've been brainwashed. I just enjoy the anime and think its good. They did originally contrast... at one point.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Ya... it was good until ep. 9. Then ep 1 of Haruhi s2 aired.

when making it they'll have put far more effort into the ones that were to keep us busy until Haruhi s2.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

i agree there, once haruhi aired everything else suddenly became greyscale. This is a secondary budget kyo-ani series and now that the flagship has appeared its all the more obvious.

But then comparing k-on! to haruhi is pointless, its just a pity that the story and even the characters are not up to what we have come to expect from a kyoto animation series.

And Mio WAS in a bikini, but for me the eye candy has to be supported by the character herself, and all Mio did was moan about barnacles the whole time. That was old after the first beach episode. And if I was a girl (...) I would not be thinking about practicing while sitting on a beautiful beach. Nope, no way.
QueenDireShot
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by QueenDireShot »

Guess I'll not bother watching it then. Then again, the amount of a following it has, you'd think it was Halo 7; there must be SOMETHING to it.
Never the less, nothing more.
Kei

Post by Kei »

Consider this: Even the most crappy science-fiction shows have devoted fanbases. Just look at shows like Lexx and Andromeda, both of which have fanatical fan followings despite their lack of quality. Anime tends to follow the same pattern.
QueenDireShot
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by QueenDireShot »

I guess everyone needs their fantasy. I'm more of a Moon Phase and Harry Potter girl, myself.
Never the less, nothing more.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

The problem is K-ON! didn't start out crap, it de-generated very quickly. Cant help but be pissed off by that.
And who can explain fantasies? No-one, it is just what makes you click, relative only to the individual. Some are weirder then others though...hehe
Kei

Post by Kei »

xsirhc wrote:The problem is K-ON! didn't start out crap, it de-generated very quickly.
In other words... just like most Gonzo shows.