Sankaku Watch

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Gothlette
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Re: Sankaku Watch

Post by Gothlette »

I can not argue with you there. :P
Peccatum tacituritatis.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Persona 5 may be exclusive to the Playstation 3
If that is confirmed, I'm getting a PS3. No argument, no question of a doubt. Console race between the 360 is irrelevant. Me wants :3
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

[insert joke about the Xbox 360's lack of power here]

Seriously, though, those first images came from the teaser CG. Compared to other games that have had "target videos" (*cough*both Killzone games*cough*) FFXIII got pretty darn close to what it was aiming for.

Kei

Post by Kei »

Stilts wrote:[insert joke about the Xbox 360's lack of power here]
To quote Artefact on this matter...
Artefact wrote:It is amusing that people are so desperate for a console battle that they have to pretend this is a comparison of the two systems… It is of course an unfortunate fact of game marketing that pre-release footage is totally fanciful.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Stilts wrote:[insert joke about the Xbox 360's lack of power here]

Seriously, though, those first images came from the teaser CG. Compared to other games that have had "target videos" (*cough*both Killzone games*cough*) FFXIII got pretty darn close to what it was aiming for.
There is also the fact that the original teaser trailer would be a pre recorded FMV and this new footage would be using the game's in-game engine. For the game's engine, them graphics are incredible. Its still a little early for games to be at the quality of CGI movies and Square got amazingly close to them. You can't criticise them for that.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I just find it a little hilarious that a noticeable difference between pre-rendered cutscene and in-game graphics actually qualifies as news. What, is it just because it's Squeenix? 'Cause that wouldn't make sense either, since this is the shortest the graphical gap's been for any of their games. Heck, anyone who's played FFX will probably remember that Rikku's facial structure changes depending on what medium is being used. As a comparison:

This is the in-game model, where she has a narrow jaw-line and moderately pointy chin. She definitely looks Anglo-American in this. Granted, it's a side-shot, so it's not a perfect comparison (as you'll see in a moment), but other in-game screenshots corroborate my point. It matches up quite well with Nomura's portrait...though the latter is nightmare-inducing thanks to the inexplicably missing teeth. O_o

And here we have the FMV model, which...uh...what the heck, Square? I mean, sure, you've got the hairstyle and clothing right (except for the goggles, which magically appear on her neck after this scene), but the face is chubbier all around. She almost looks like she switched nationalities. Of course, if you just want to confuse matters even further, you can check out the (relatively) iconic concept CG, which seems to be a half-way point between the in-game model and the FMV model.

So, yeah. The in-game FFXIII models may be slightly less MIND-SHATTERINGLY HIGH-DEF than people were expecting, but at least there's consistency.

EDIT: And in case anyone's wondering, yes, the same problem occurs in FFX-2. A California girl one moment and Asian the next.

Kei

Post by Kei »

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »