Figurines

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Figurines

Post by Kagami »

Figurines, figurines, figurines! Ones you have, and ones you want. There are many out there...
I spend a good deal of my time looking for ones I want, but can hardly afford...so post what you have and want to share, or what you want to have

start the ball rolling with Mikuru from Max Factory:

Have wanted this one for a while now, more so then Mikuru maid cosplay. However the latter is still on my TO GET list. Detail on the clothes and everything looks really really good.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: FIGURINES

Post by Taiga »

I REALLY need a job.

Reason being...

I've been attempting to save up for that figure almost since I joined pH. Certainly long before I became staff. =p

(Yes... the chest is rather more detailed under that torn top)

I'm also desperately wracking my brains on what I could do to get this particular figure:

__

What I DO have follows:

Of THIS set I have Kyon's sister and the alternate Mikuru. The site i got them did them randomly so I had no choice which 2 I scored. Amusing how I appear to have ended up with the 2 most regrettable ones.

Of that set I have the left Tsuruya version. I also have the 'hidden' one, which is a be ponytailed Haruhi in the cheerleader outfit from the intro. Pictured HERE among other figures in my room.

A word to the wise:

Do NOT get that figure. It may be cheap... but that's for good reason. Even the heat from my window in mid winter was enough to warp the legs to a point where it wouldn't fit the stand any more, never mind stand up on it's own. It also required a fair bit of gluing together.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

Pandemonium wrote:I REALLY need a job.
So do i...but I'm not old enough (sucks :/ )

I'm also desperately wracking my brains on what I could do to get this particular figure:
>miku goes here<

OMG ME TO! :3
I have no figure's :( i don't get much pocket money >< and i spend that on stuff......yea...stuff (i don't really know were it goes ><) but if(and when) i get enough I'll probably bombard myself with yuki, mio and miku figures ^^''
Last edited by Taiga on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed Spelling... <-Shami | Removed image from quote. Wasn't necessary. <- Pan
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

For those Figma and Persona3 fans out there, here is something which I'm sure you'd enjoy.
Goodsmile will be releasing a new Figma of Aigis, one of the main characters from the PS2 game 'Persona 3', and let me first to say she's quite delectable...
I do like my Figma's...alot. Manifest is soon and I am game to get a Konata Figma to keep Kagami company.

Kagami

Post by Kagami »

I am a pretty big fan of Max Factory and their Figma line, as some of you probably already know...

Anyhoo, Danny Choo has been snooping around the recent Tokyo Wonder Festival where alot of figurine companies have been showing off their wares. What caught my eye (and danny's) was Figma's on bicycles!

Also a very catchy Yui (from K-ON!)

Danny is probably one of the best sources for figurine info, and I recommend you check out his website.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Yet more lovelies sighted at Wonfes....

...Taiga by Kotobukiya.

Jasper? You like?
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

Rikku fans, sadly, don't have it so good. If you even CAN find a figurine, it's likely to be jacked up in price. This FFX-2 action figure, for example, used to retail for around $30 when the game first came out. I really should have bought it then. Of course, that's nothing compared to the FFX action figure.

:cry:

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

xsirhc wrote:Yet more lovelies sighted at Wonfes....

...Taiga by Kotobukiya.

Jasper? You like?
YESIDO
*drools*

Hope I get that letter in the post tomorrow... but then... I'll be devastated if i don't get the job, now. x3
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

its not much of a good figure, but i have been interested in this for a while now, and hoping to find it at this years anime expo. although unlikely its worth a look.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Last year there weren't actually that many figures on display. The one I bought was from a shop called Orbital Manga, not the expo.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Pretty much the only figureines I ever bought were on a whim... impulse buys at cons and such. I own four Rei figures, two Kiddy Grade figures (Eclair and Lumiere), and a couple of nameless catgirls. I actually have more transformers toys than anime figures. >_<
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I demand you post photos D:

Mmm... why do all Rozen Maiden figurines seem to suck so desperately.

__

Actually... screw figures, I want this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_BrAjuwio
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

No.

Chris says NO to Dolfies. D:
Pandemonium wrote: Actually... screw figures
:banghead: :x ARGH

hmm must tempt him back from the dark side...with THIS:

Goodsmile to the rescue, again!
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

well it got my attention.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

hehe well there aint many good konata figurines, but GSC have done a good job with this one.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Cute... but not cute enough.

Find me a decent Rozen Maiden one and I may be converted back.
Kei

Post by Kei »

Sorry, Jess, but the Church of Figurines does not feel you would make a suitable convert at this time. You can reapply in six months if you wish.

:P :cat_w: :P
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

O_O;

I'm losing faith in you as an otaku. =<
KAITO
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by KAITO »

Question: What is an otaku?

Also, check out what I fished from Google:

If it's slightly big, I can save it to my computer, resize, upload to photobucket and replace the possibly too large image.
ESOS Brigade leader. "Everything relating to Space Aliens, Espers, Time Travelers, Odd goings on and Sliders" is what it stands for.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

The size is fine... and from wikipedia: 'Otaku (おたく/オタク?) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, and video games.' It can be anything from anime, to idols, to insects.
__

I do quite like mini nendoroids, but an not overkeen on the full size ones.

Why is luka hovering?
KAITO
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by KAITO »

I haven't the slightest idea. It wasn't me taking the photo.
ESOS Brigade leader. "Everything relating to Space Aliens, Espers, Time Travelers, Odd goings on and Sliders" is what it stands for.
Kei

Post by Kei »

You know who had a obsessive interest in insects? Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon. His love of collecting bugs inspired him to create a game where players could collect Pokemon in a similar fashion.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

my theory with nendoroids is why bother with the chibi version when there is usally a normal proportioned equivalent.

o_O @ Jaspers assessment of Konata: Not cute enough?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Indeed. Konata just didn't quite do it.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Well now that I have seen 4 episodes of Canaan, this figurine takes on a whole new level of awesomeness...just look at her!

Figure is of Canaan, an assassin who as a child, was the victim of a biological terrorist attack and was taken under the wing of a mercenary. I think Good Smile have out done themselves again, as she looks exactly as depicted in the anime. The pose is spot on, highlighting her agility and abilities with firearms. With the cape or without, she is reacting to the sudden appearance of an unseen foe. Awe-bloody-some.

From ANN:
Two years ago, Shibuya was ravaged by a biological terrorist attack using the deadly Ua virus. Maria Osawa was saved when her father inoculated her against the virus, but is left with partial amnesia from the shock. Now working as a cameraman, she reunited with her friend Canaan in Hong Kong. Canaan is an assassin gifted with synesthesia, and she's being targeted by the terrorist squad Snake. Meanwhile, numerous groups converge on Hong Kong, all after either Canaan or Maria.

This series so far has been awesome. Pretty good story that slowly unravels with each episode. Recommend it for everyone in this forum.
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

Now that I have a new camera, I can take some photos of the one figure I do own: Rikku, of course. Specifically, Square-Enix's PlayArts version.

She's fairly small--only about 2x2x2 inches if you include the back ribbons--but is nicely detailed for her size and has a cute pose. The only problem I have with it is the breast area, which you can see better here. The clothing is too form fitting, making the breasts stick out and look like oversized tennis balls. It's pretty silly.

Unfortunately, one of the ribbons fell off and got permanently lost, which brings me to the problem that's not communicable via pictures. All the PlayArts figures need to be assembled after taking them out of their boxes. All you have to do is stick the pieces into the slots, so it's very simple. Unfortunately, there's nothing to prevent the pieces from coming out if a fit isn't tight enough...unless you use glue, I suppose. But I'm a little reluctant to do that.

On the bright side, I really like her expression and pose. It's perfect for her. They even drew the spirals! Besides, I shouldn't expect amazing quality from something that only costs $15. All things considered, it was a good deal for the money (and one of only three Rikku figures that actually exist).

Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Slothota found these and posted them on our blog

Words fail me. Utterly destroyed. Mind gone.
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

i would love to buy this as my first figurine. Oscar from La Rose de Versailles
The Fight Had Just Begun
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Does the figure come in that state, or painted? Everything is the same colour, including the base. In my opinion, the paint job is one of the key factors that decide if the figure is worth buying or not.
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

In that state, yes. This one is for celebrating the manga author the day she receive National Order of the Legion of Honour medal and ranks.
The Fight Had Just Begun