If Superman fought Goku, who would win?

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Superman
25%
Goku
75%

Total votes: 8

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

If Superman fought Goku, who would win? Vote in the poll above, then explain your reasons below! For purposes of debate, let us assume that Superman is at his modern power level (i.e. strong enough to move planets and fly into the sun), and that Goku can go to Super Saiyan 4.

And now, to help you decide... moar pics!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: If Superman fought Goku, who would win?

Post by Kagami »

Goku would win, cos he'd use the spirit bomb. That has always worked. Assuming Vegeta is on the side lines, of course. And you said it, Jenjen, Goku is equipped with Kryptonite eyes, a special skill he learnt from King Kai at the last minute.
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

Oh, please, the Spirit Bomb only worked properly once. Besides, Superman would never give him a chance to use one that's large enough to even make a scratch. Basically, it all comes down to whether Goku can figure out that Superman is powered by yellow sunlight/weak to red sunlight. Piccolo might be clever enough, but I doubt Goku would figure it out before it was too late. If he can't subject Superman to red sunlight or get him away from yellow sunlight, Superman would simply outlast him. And here's my proof.

Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

i chose Goku because although i dislike dragonball, i do prefer Japanese comic.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Also, to totally rule out the spirit bomb theory, I believe Goku once said that the spirit bomb only works against evil beings. Hence why Krillin was able to catch it and ruin the Goku vs Vegeta fight by failing yet again... So yeah, the spirit bomb wouldn't work against Superman. Also, Superman's only vulnerable to kryptonite and magic (so I believe, was never really that big a Superman fan) and Goku uses neither. Therefore, based on abilities and strength alone, Superman would win. Based on who I prefer, Goku'd totally annihilate Superman.
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

Well, I say we compare their abilities and things we know about them. (note: for Superman, I'm using Stilts' article found here... when I quote something for Superman, it is directly from this website)

Speed:

Superman: "Many times the speed of light"

SSJ4 Goku: Instantaneous (and, yes, he uses this in fights)

Winner: Goku

Strength:
Superman: "he possesses the strength necessary shatter entire worlds" (I'm taking this to mean he punches the ground and the earth breaks up)

SSJ4 Goku: Unknown... I would assume rather close to Superman or equal being that he could destroy entire mountains by punching them at ssj1 (or before ssj1, depending on the size of the mountain).

It is also known that ssj2 is many times more powerful than ssj1. SSj3 is many times beyond ssj2 and ssj4 is at least 10x more powerful than ssj3.

Unfortunately, we don't know how strong these transformations are when compared to what Superman can do. However, I think it can be inferred by this evidence and some circumstantial evidence shown to us in some episodes (I'll give some if asked for) that SSJ4 Goku would be equal in strength to Superman, slightly stronger to Superman, or slightly weaker than Superman.

Winner: About Equal

Ranged Attacks:
Superman:
Heat Vision: Superman can emit beams of heat energy from his eyes with "heat that rivals a star" which he can use to vaporize one or multiple opponents.

Super Scream: "In one instance, Superman was shown to have the ability to project a "super scream" from his vocal cords. He used this ability to cancel out the impending threat of an already exploding nuclear detonation."

Super Breath: Superman can create hurricane-force winds and can freeze things with his breath.

SSJ4 Goku:
10x Kamehameha: Given that a normal Kamehameha from Master Roshi can snuff out a burning mountain, and that a Kamehameha used against Cell at SSJ1 was said to be able to "destroy the earth." This attack also has an after affect where the target is paralyzed for a few seconds (it probably disrupts their nervous system). I'd say, the 10x Kamehameha is more powerful than Superman's Heat Vision (if it's possible to be more powerful than vaporizing something).

Spirit Bomb: This would not work on Superman because it can only harm those who are not pure of heart and Superman is the ultimate Boyscout. However, if Goku could get enough time to use this, he could absorb it as seen in the Super Android 13 movie thus increasing his strength depending on the size of the Spirit Bomb.

Winner: I'm not sure, they might be about equal in destructive power, but Superman has more variety. If (yes "if") the paralyzing affect of the 10x Kamehameha affected Superman, it would give Goku the advantage.

Durability:
Superman:
Healing Factor: If Superman is harmed, he can heal almost instantaneously.

Nigh-invulnerability: Superman has an aura a few millimeters from his skin that protects his body from harm and has a much denser body structure than that of a human.

SSJ4 Goku:
Nigh-invulnerability: Let's face it, to be able to fight people who are almost as powerful as as an SSJ4, you have to have great durability. Goku has been shown to take multiple punches from people who are about his level and who are stronger than him and keep fighting.

Winner: Superman
Superman has a major advantage because he can heal himself. Goku, on the other hand, cannot. Although this healing is a major advantage, Goku has fought beings who could heal themselves and bested them (Cell and Majin Buu). If Superman fought ssj4 Goku, his healing abilities would be put to the test.

Stamina:
Superman:
Solar Energy Absorption: Superman gains his power from yellow Sunlight. When in yellow sunlight, his healing factor kicks in and he's healed. It is also due to this energy coursing through his body that he gains all of his powers.

SSJ4 Goku:
Strength of Will: Goku seems to have stamina through sheer strength of will. During most of his fights when it looked like he would die, he kept fighting despite his injuries (there are logical limits to this, of course).

Winner: Superman
If the fight becomes a stalemate, Superman will win because he will not tire.

Please post any more comparisons you have in a similar format so we can look at this some more. I'll post my opinion as to who would win when I think I've heard enough arguments.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Well, there are three Saiyan powers I'd like to point out.

1. Dimensional Scream: SSj3 Gotenks was able to scream a hole between dimensions, using it to escape from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Logically, SSJ3 or 4 Goku should be powerful enough to use this as well. In my opinion, this easily matches Superman's super-scream.
2. Power Ball: Vegeta and Turles were able to use an energy ball to produce green-spectrum radiation (aka Blutz Waves) to facilitate their transformation into Great Ape form. This indicates that ki can be used to create radiation, meaning Goku could create red sun radiation to fight Superman.
3. Ki Aura: A Super Saiyan's ki aura has the ability to block energy attacks, or even completely disintegrate physical projectiles (as seen in Bojack Unbound).

Also, from the Super Saiyan power level on upward, Goku regularly uses energy attacks that have the potential to destroy an entire planet. I'd say this easily outclasses Superman's heat vision.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

1.Superman got the anti-krypton suit (from a long time ago movie when he fought with joker.)
2. He can heal, strong defenses (in most fight you never see him spill blood)
3. He can go anywhere to where there's no oxygen (can Goku breath outside the earth? I don't know)
4. Can Gokou maintain his SSJ 4 status long enough to take out Superman while Superman strength does not cease. (in most manga battle i saw Goku in a near death situations. He even died.)
5. Can Goku smart enough to put up a plan to fight superman? (In the manga all he does is battle head on until he got his butt kicked)
6. Goku power alway have a limit. If Superman stick out long enough and keep on harassing Goku, don't even give him time to rest, Goku will out of strength and switch back to his original form. Then superman can have a cat/mouse battle then finish him.
7. Goku is long dead. Superman is long dead since doom day. But superman come back in REAL form but Goku don't.
8. Superman got gears from Batman, the most dangerous man in the world.
9.Superman was created in 1932 since Goku come out in 1984, Superman had more experiences.
10. Superman win.
The Fight Had Just Begun