Highschool of the Dead

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: Highschool of the Dead

Post by Taiga »

I officially like Saeko now.

Could do with a bit less chest though.

Also...
Spoiler:
Why the hell did Takashi get all 'don't do it D:' when they were about to fight zombies. was she about to let herself be killed or something? I was expecting the zombie slicing to start at that second not after a stupid bit with Takashi squeezing saeko's chest...
Yui
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform
Twitter: cyrodilicbrandy

Post by Yui »

Spoiler:
I know, I was like, ...why are you doing that? She can take care of herself, obviously, if she's got this far. Did he think she was going to let herself get killed, because she felt bad, or something? Why the boob squeezing? If a guy did that to me... well. He wouldn't be much a of guy any more, that's fer sure. :rofl:
She reminds me of me. Except I'm less busty, and not as kick-ass.

You've used me, and abused me, but you will not destroy me.
Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Dragon »

Why?
Its HSOTD thats why! Despite the attempt at the much needed plunge into some sort of character development HSOTD 9 had to go back to remind us its roots are deeply embedded in ecchi. Still HSOTD 9 did make the effort and that will bring me back for ep 10.
Ryu
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Ryu »

I don't remember
Spoiler:
Takashi hooking up with Saeko
in the manga, so I'm gonna guess there is going to be a definite split at some point.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Nagato
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Nagato »

濡れる!!
Yui
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Yui »

I've just watched the 10th episode...
...and it was better. I mean, there was more of a plot emerging, I think. Not as much boobage, except the first, like, thirty or so seconds before the OP, that made me facepalm, but then when:
Spoiler:
Takagi's oh, sorry, Saya's dad showed up, things started to get serious, or at least, not as brain dead (ha-ha) as before. It made me think a little, because in most zombie things, when one of them is brought of the safe-house, it escapes and all hell breaks loose-literally. But that didn't happen. I was like, okay. I thought I knew zombie things, but then again, this isn't your typical zombie fare.
And then Hirano- poor guy.
Spoiler:
They must've thought for at least one second, wait, this kid's got all the way here without dying, the things he's seen, he's not just a kid anymore. Right? Noo. :amismiling: Do you think the adults will accept these kids, or wil they not and kick them out?
But wait, the preview.
Spoiler:
I'm going to assume that they end up staying and run into that nasty piece of work, Shido. I hope he dies, and soon. :flame:
I think Takashi has a weird way of dealing with women. Does he really feel the need to squeeze their boobs, pick them up, slap them, etc., to make his point? :shock:
What next? Will he shoot the little girl to get her to shut up? She is annoying, though.
I really want the next episode right now. I want to see what happens with
Spoiler:
the creepy pedo-esque teacher.

Yui
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Yui »

Oh, gosh. Episode 11- this really made me angry, it just annoyed me. It was hardly the best episode. :banghead: :banghead:
:rant: I don't even know what to say- there was hardly anything in it that made me want to even watch the next episode, apart from the last five minutes or so, and the previews.
Complete rage at how the adults acted after the opening. I'm 18, but in a crisis like this, I'd still be classed as a kid- I would personally say experience should be counted before anyone gets called a power-hungry school kid, etc. :amismiling:
Spoiler:
Takashi and Rei? NO. Gosh, wtf? She rejected him before, now she's saying he's sweet, that she'll stay with him...wha? Srsly, I don't even. This whole 'bonding' scene made me facepalm so much, it wasn't even funny. Takashi and Saeko make a much better pair. Even Tagaki would be preferable.
However, I really did want to see
Spoiler:
Rei kill Shido. She made him bleed, stood there for a bit, listening to his tripe, then walked away, saying. "He's not worth killing." So, what? I don't get to see his deaths? So unfair. :(
Of course, I will watch the next episode. Perhaps the only reason I'm doing so this week is because I'm still clinging to a hope that it's going to get much better. Who knows how many episodes there are left?
God, I don't know how much more falmpalming my forehead can take.

Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Dragon »

HSOTD 12.....
What can I say?
There was a fair amount going on in this one and it felt like they were rushing through it trying to tie in more of the splinter plot lines.
Spoiler:
Everything from the missiles being launched to the response was rushed to the point where it kinda lost some of its dramatic effect. Which is a sad thing considering that they had 11 other episodes to flesh out more of the sub-plots and other auxiliary (and a couple more interesting) characters instead of concentrating on boobs defying the laws of physics.
Yet I noticed that the fan-service in the past couple of eps didn't dominate and more plot got through, but was it too little too late?
Yui
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Yui »

^--- I agree, with everything. I mean, they really did have much more time to flesh out the plot, which they used mostly for boobage.
I don't think, for the most part and most people, that they redeemed themselves enough in this episode, or the last say, two or three. But I know I will be waiting to see what they do next season.
Until then, I have to find something decent to watch.