Kashimashi

At Yuki's request, we're adding an area where you can talk about manga. Here you go!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Kashimashi

Post by Kei »

I just got the last volume of the yuri romance manga Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl, and I'm reading it now. I have to say, the manga has a lot of differences from the anime adaptation... but I'm not sure which version I like better. They are both quite enjoyable, though.

Have any of you guys read or watched Kashimashi? If not, you really should. ^_^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Ryu
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Re: Kashimashi

Post by Ryu »

Haven't read it. To be honest I hadn't even heard of it until you brought it up.

Is this simply fluff or does it deal with the issues surrounding the main characters' relationship as well? I generally prefer these slice of life/romance series to have some degree of cultural insight in regards to the topic.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

It deals mostly with emotional issues surrounding the three girls' romance. It certainly isn't fluff, but the relationships can be a tad cliche... especially in the anime. Still, it's a good lightweight yuri series that doesn't have any of the usual yuri baggage. You might even call it "yuri for normal people."

I think I'm going to recommend the anime over the manga. I think it had a tighter and better-paced story, and a better resolution as well. Just be sure you watch the special OVA episode!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Ryu
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Ryu »

I'll give it a chance.

Definitely not my thing.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Gothlette
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Gothlette »

I do not like this manga. It is far too sweet for my tastes; everything was overly romanticized and saccharine. In all honesty, it felt very contrived and artificial. Plus the bit about the '"fate grains" seemed really stupid to me.
Peccatum tacituritatis.