Kodomo no Jikan

At Yuki's request, we're adding an area where you can talk about manga. Here you go!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

halfey
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform
Twitter: halfey

Kodomo no Jikan

Post by halfey »

to save resources, you may refer to wikipe-tan or ask uncle google for this manga title. In brief, it's a tale about the relationship between a male elementary school teacher (Daisuke Aoki) and his student, you guessed it, a loli (Rin Kokonoe). It's not just a normal teacher-student relationship, it's complicated because Rin has an extreme crush on her teacher. It's too extreme that she may go to great lengths in not just to steal Aoki's heart but also to seduce him! Yeah, this is a lolicon story, what can you expect? And for the record, this manga is NSFW. If you don't mind being a lolicon, go read it now. And vol. 9 ch. 62 just out yesterday (current volume is 9, the last tankoubon version is vol. 8)
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Re: Kodomo no Jikan

Post by Kei »

I watched a few episodes of the anime, but found it to be kinda bland and generic. It seemed kinda like your typical romantic comedy, only with younger characters. Is the manga better? :-?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Just a warning for those who do venture forth; NSFW means we can't show any images on this site, and preferably no links as well. Make sure to keep this the forums PG13, ne?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

To reply, or not to reply? Hmm....

Anyway, yes. I follow this series. Have done since quite early on.
Ritsu wrote:I watched a few episodes of the anime, but found it to be kinda bland and generic. It seemed kinda like your typical romantic comedy, only with younger characters. Is the manga better? :-?
The anime was... I wasn't particularly enthralled by either, but the manga is leagues better.

Guess I'll go read the next chapter now.

:3
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Taiga wrote:Yes. I follow this series. Have done since quite early on.
Not surprised there. I'll pass. This is actually a manga which you, Jasper, showed me a while back. I'd just forgotten about it and yes, I still don't like it. Meh...
halfey
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform
Twitter: halfey

Post by halfey »

Kagami wrote:Just a warning for those who do venture forth; NSFW means we can't show any images on this site, and preferably no links as well. Make sure to keep this the forums PG13, ne?
I'm aware of that so I didn't put any links/images earlier. But the anime is what I can say the "all-ages" version, though there are lotsa fanservice inside (if you think lolies flashing their panties as fanservice, that is). If I were to make a comparison between the anime and the manga, the anime is more emotional. Yes, it may be bland and generic to some people, as how bland and generic keion is to me. The only thing that keeps me attached to this series is I want to know what's the intentions of the creator/author of this series when she make it (Kaworu Watashiya is a 'she'), what future awaits those two.