District 9

Discuss any entertainment n-not related to Haruhi, anime or manga here... and please d-don't dress me up in the bunny suit again!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

District 9

Post by Kei »

I saw it, and I liked it... probably the best movie since Star Trek. The aliens' designs and the mech at the end were particularly impressive. The story was good, although it could have used a bit more closure. Still, they've left plenty of room for a sequel. What did everyone else think of it?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: District 9

Post by Kagami »

I will probably see District 9 this weekend. I'm glad you liked it as much as you did, as Star Trek was awesome, therefore I'm probably going to enjoy this nearly as much.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

All the critics keep saying that the aliens were incredibly ugly... but I actually thought they looked really cool. Maybe I'm just more used to seeing aliens than most people?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

Ryoko wrote:All the critics keep saying that the aliens were incredibly ugly... but I actually thought they looked really cool. Maybe I'm just more used to seeing aliens than most people?
Yeah... I don't quite get that. I thought the look was pretty inventive in that they made them look strange while keeping them semi-humanoid.

As for the movie: I've seen it twice and I loved it. I also agree that the story could have had a more satisfying ending... but this way they can easily do whatever they want with a sequel.
Gothlette
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Gothlette »

This was a good film. I liked the alien designs too.
Peccatum tacituritatis.