Iron Man 2

Discuss any entertainment n-not related to Haruhi, anime or manga here... and please d-don't dress me up in the bunny suit again!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Iron Man 2

Post by Dragon »

Greetings Lifeforms!
Yeah its been a very long time since my last post (Wait have I ever posted? :-? ) but its about time I started getting back into this online thing again. So why not make my re-emergence debut with a quick pre-review of Iron Man 2. Yes I actually saw the REAL movie in a REAL theater 3 days early. :rofl:

Okay so lets get some things said right off the bat. Iron Man 2 has a lot of hype to it, to which it lives up to mostly. There is a lot of action in this one. More so than in the first movie. But that extra action comes at a cost to comedy. Don't be mistaken there is good comedy in this one too, just not as much as the first. Now don't be disappointment because the comedy in this one is just as good and the lines aren't always delivered by Tony Stark. Other characters get some good jabs in there (some at Tony's expense).

Robert Downey Jr. does a decent job playing up the 'rich playboy with a overly big ego that needs to have his butt handed to him with every square inch of it freshly and thoroughly kicked' attitude and leads from that well into that of a troubled man who has obviously gotten in over his head and needs to fill his own big shoes.

Tony Stark aside there ARE other characters in the film that prove their own worth very nicely. The commercials for the movie don't do the fight scenes any justice and really just tease at what you get to see! Very nice. The first fight between Ironman and pre-Warmachine is one of the better ones and shows that Ironman isn't the only one who can kick tail.

After the movie people either like this one the same as the first or liked the first just slightly better. Several ladies in attendance preferred the first movie because it had Terrence Howard instead of Don Cheadle as military liaison James Rhodes. :lol: Me? I liked it just as much as the first one. It wasn't better, it was just as good.

In wrap up I recommend seeing this one and staying til the end. Yes there IS a after credits scene just like the first one. But if you aren't willing to sit through several minutes of credits to see a 1-2 minute scene you can just pop on over to the Wiki for Ironman 2 and read about basically the whole movie there. :banghead: Its kinda sad that there is a huge Wiki spoiler to the whole movie already! Wow. I just placed this simple pre-theatrical review to tease people into going to see the movie, and not spoil the whole things... :rant:
Kagami

Re: Iron Man 2

Post by Kagami »

The one and only cinema in Whyalla is showing Iron Man 2. I shall make it a point to go see it while I can...
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

I plan on seeing it asap. Sadly, every time I make plans, something happens and I have to cancel. :(

But It's only a matter of time. I will see this in theaters!! :rant:
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Well its no surprise that the movie is doing really well in the theaters.
So they will most likely give it a very long theatrical run before rushing it off to DVD.
I think you will have plenty of time to see it. 8)