Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Discuss any entertainment n-not related to Haruhi, anime or manga here... and please d-don't dress me up in the bunny suit again!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Post by Kei »

Even though the last Fantastic Four movie was less than impressive, I still enjoyed watching it. That's why I decided to watch their new movie. Here's my two cents worth:

The story of Silver Surfer revolves around the arrival of the "Silver Surfer", a cosmic entity who heralds the coming of Galactus, an all-powerful galactic force known as the 'destroyer of worlds'. With less than eight days left before planet earth is consumed by Galactus, the Fantastic Four must find a way to both defeat the Surfer and stop Galactus from consuming Earth.

Although this movie is not an action masterpiece or a gripping human drama, it's still a fun and enjoyable popcorn movie. Granted, it has problems with pacing and is a bit cliche, but if you can get past those minor shortcomings you should enjoy it.

Rated PG for sequences of action violence, some mild language and innuendo, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is your only chance this summer to see a silver man riding a flying surfboard. If you're a fan of the comics or just like superhero movies in general, give this one a shot.

Ryoko Rating: 7/10
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
AzgalathQ
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by AzgalathQ »

I'll give it an 8/10.

I really enjoyed this movie... though it did have pacing the cliche problems.