Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Discuss any entertainment n-not related to Haruhi, anime or manga here... and please d-don't dress me up in the bunny suit again!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Post by Kei »

Ok, I'm going to be honest. I am not a fan of the book series (the fifth book bored me so much I stopped reading it). Despite this, I consider the movies to be markedly better than the Potter books, and will probably see Order of the Phoenix just because I've seen all the other movies. Even though I'm not a fan, I'll probably still have a good time.

What about the rest of you? Are you looking forward to this movie? Will it be as good as the last two films, or will Harry's whining ruin it?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kubo
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Kubo »

Movie, eh? I've never believed that they did a good job with the movies (most of it is just eye-candy anyways), except for trying to keep most of the actors around (even if they're far too old now). While I can say that I'll probably go see this movie (er...when does it come out again...?) I'm looking forward more to this series ending late this month with the last novel (hopefully).

I think that's enough parenthesis for one day...and Harry's whining is tolerable, at least...well...barely...
Such is life...
Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Dragon »

Honestly I prefer the books to the movies but I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the movies. The first couple of movies did very well at keeping close to story but as things progressed on more and more the movies are being tailored to fit what is 'believed' to be better for video representation of the story. I do have sorta mixed feelings about the series coming to an end though, because I do like the story and characters a lot. Its rather nice that Jk has the where-with-all to actually create some memorable characters and then kill them off accordingly as the story progresses. Yet still she has shown some major compassion towards her readers/fans as there is rumor that at least one character she originally planned to off was spared but in penance two others bought the farm. I must say though as a fan of the series I could easily sympathize with some fans would would drop the series and never look back if a favorite character were off'ed in some manor. What makes the whole series enjoyable to me ARE those specific characters and the story is just not worth continuing to me without them.