How did you know about Haruhi Suzumiya?

Here's where you get to discuss how totally awesome I am! That's right, a forum devoted to me, Haruhi Suzumiya. Post here a lot, especially if you're an alien, time traveler, esper, or a slider!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Smokie
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Re: How did you know about Haruhi Suzumiya?

Post by Smokie »

I looked upon Captain Falcon vids (Falcooon Punch!) and stumbled upon a vid that was like "Falcon Punch vs. Mikuru Beam". Then I looked up some Mikuru Beam vids.. Then I decided to watch the anime on Youtube.. Yes, it really happened like that. And I suddenly realized that this is the best anime ever created, including the future. Then i read the novels, duh.
Now I imported the DVD from America. I'm happy!
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

Epic novel reader are epic. That is all.
KAITO
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by KAITO »

Sorry about bringing up an old topic, but I feel I must mention how I came across Haruhi. Oddly enough, it was on a Pokemon related forum. One of the Admins had Haruhi in his avatar. After that, I got a little curious and decided to Google "Haruhi". After random clicking, I ended up on a site (Can't remember which one) with dubbed and subbed episodes. Once I watched them all through, I decided to Google "SOS Brigade forums" and found this place. So, as you can see, one good thing led to another. I thank you, Kyoukipichi.
ESOS Brigade leader. "Everything relating to Space Aliens, Espers, Time Travelers, Odd goings on and Sliders" is what it stands for.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Heh... that amuses me. I found Haruhi while chatting on an IRC network and an admin of the pokemon channel tells me i'd like it.

Then I look it up and watch it. Then read it. Then obsess over it. Then join here and drag millions of people with me.
KAITO
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by KAITO »

Hehe, strange, how something non-Haruhi ends up Haruhi related. I just send Kyoukipichi a PM to join.
ESOS Brigade leader. "Everything relating to Space Aliens, Espers, Time Travelers, Odd goings on and Sliders" is what it stands for.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Very good call!

I've dragged quite a few people from that pokémon site/irc I mentioned... some post, some would if the place were more active (kinda their fault it isn't).
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

Pandemonium wrote:Very good call!

I've dragged quite a few people from that pokémon site/irc I mentioned... some post, some would if the place were more active (kinda their fault it isn't).
I'd say I'm one of them people. I learnt about Haruhi from people from said Pokemon site. After watching several episodes, I changed my dp on msn to something Haruhi related then Jasper noticed and led me here. Then was when I really became interested in Haruhi. All stems from the Pokemon site though. Wouldn't know Jasper without that as well...
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Haha, yeah... lots has stemmed from there.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

i remember now, it was exactly one year ago......

I was handed a haruhi dvd and in less than an hour i was rewatching the OP and ED over and over....sorta sucked in
and then i started trolling for season two info and google pointed me at the s2 topic in pH
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

haha, sounds like you
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Well, to tell you everything, I found about her by visiting the blog of meido-rando.net :mrgreen:
patriciaselina
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by patriciaselina »

About a few years ago, I was searching in Wikipedia for manga and anime - pretty randomly, I suppose - and one of the pictures I happened to save onto my hard drive was the cover of the first novel. It stayed in a little neglected corner of my files until...

A friend of mine introduced me to Shakugan no Shana, which was then showing on a local TV channel. And just like Konata-chan said, I became more obsessed than the friend who introduced me. Searching randomly again, I saw another Noizi Ito work, and the rest is history - I have become obsessed with Haruhi-sama.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

......Gosh this place has been empty for a while....better clean up ....
*そし゛そし゛そし゛*
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

I did the opposite. haruhi hit hard and pulled me in, and then our local pandemonium (he'll pop up soon enough) got me hooked on shana. Melon bread is still one of my daily snacks, as a local bakery here makes it...mmmm~

Does that mean you have read the haruhi novels?
patriciaselina
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by patriciaselina »

I searched for translations of the light novels and stumbled across Baka-Tsuki. Now I keep the .txt files on my cell phone so I can read it whenever I like... Reading the novel after watching the anime is better, since when you read the novel you can imagine the events happening in the anime... I can't wait for season 2 to come!
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Ah, see that's why i prefer the books BEFORE the series.

I'd rather first see my interpretation first, rather than have to reply on the official one. Though for light novels it doesn't really work... that's not so say I dislike having noizi itou's style drawings bouncing around in my head! :p
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

さーー last anime expo sold out of haruhi manga before i got there ><'
this year im gonna spend £100 on pocky and Luckystar Manga (im so sad)
Joel

Post by Joel »

But pocky taste disgusting...
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

[strwberry poocky] question, do you like strawberry milkshake?
Joel

Post by Joel »

I fail to see how that relates to Haruhi... My last comment didn't either but y'know. I've learnt the errors of my ways etc... And no, I don't like strawberry anything.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

i see---- ;; ;; ;;
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Joel wrote:I fail to see how that relates to Haruhi... My last comment didn't either but y'know. I've learnt the errors of my ways etc... And no, I don't like strawberry anything.
That's what they all say.

I'll have you BOTH stay on topic thankyou.
amazeedayzee
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by amazeedayzee »

A few months late, but like Somebody, I also feel compelled to state how I found Haruhi. It's a rather long story that starts with MapleStory and learning Japanese. About two years ago, I was reading a compilation I particularly liked of Japanese names when I came across Kaede, meaning Maple. Going through my MS addiction at the time, I thought, "That's pretty interesting." And as I was also addicted to Wikipedia, I felt the urge to search for that name, finding an article about a character from Shuffle!. I looked around the character articles, forgot about the whole thing for a while, and on a whim one day, I decided, "Hey, I haven't looked at those articles in a while. Let's search again!" and searched in Wikipedia for the first thing related to Shuffle! I could think of, which happened to be the name Itsuki. And so began my Haruhi addiction.

Come to think of it, I still haven't watched the entire first episode (The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru)...not knowing I was watching in broadcast order, I just stopped mid-video and went to episode two.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

I think I had something similar... I didn't watch the last episode of Haruhi (broadcast order) until nearly a year after it came out. The other episodes I watched pretty much as soon as they were subbed. I just got too busy with school, I guess...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

(typing mood so I'm going tp be more specific)

About 2/3 years ago I was browsing a forum (.HACK//G.U forum specifically) and someone had a signature of the Hare Hare Yukai.

It popped up so many times that I decided to click on it; ironically it was linked to a YouTube video of the dance.

I loved it, I loved this style of anime and I (am the only boy(in my school(of chavs))) really like school life/twist (school days was a bit....meh) after (I think about) 1 hour I decide to go to piggymoo and watch them.

I watched all of them (in one sitting) and I fell in love once the intro came on.

When watching school life anime I seem to concentrate more on the character most like me (Yuki) and borrow some of their traits (she's really contagious) and now I'm (about) 60% Yuki (good or bad?). although I still have my slips (bad spelling, sense of humour, being a guy, having bad hair, being obsessed with video games (although that was redeemed in Haruhi-san) and already having friends (meh).

So on that morning I had no clue but by the end of the day I was already an Haruhiist (i also join the forum sos brigade alpha but it randomly became a mecha forum) and then I found this, the only place were I can have friends and not have to show emotion at the same time. ......I also learned the drum beat to God Knows and Lost My Music the next day.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Heh...I'd watched the season in chronological order twice before watching it in anachronological order.