Recruitment

You may post data concerning your analysis of the operation of Project Haruhi here. All data of a constructive nature is acceptable and desired. The rules can be found in the appropriate subforum.

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Recruitment

Post by Kei »

Unfortunately, we haven't been seeing the activity we'd like to. If anybody has suggestions on how to recruit new members and increase activity, please do tell. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nagato
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Nagato »

Still not on the first five pages of Google when plugging 'Haruhi.'
We're the first thing that pops up for 'project haruhi,' but I can't
imagine that gets many hits...
I've been advertising everywhere I can, but there's only so much you can do without getting banned.
bluemercury
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by bluemercury »

We could try posting links in other forms, adding a link to our signature's in other forms or changing our home page in other forms to project haruhi.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

bluemercury wrote:We could try posting links in other forms, adding a link to our signature's in other forms or changing our home page in other forms to project haruhi.
Very few places will stand for the first one. Most don't care about the second, and there's a spot on profiles specifically for the third - both of which I've been doing.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

I have a Haruhi role-play chatroom on EmpireIRC... I've linked here from there (Airwolf found you this way) but unfortunately... the chatroom is pretty much empty bar the original members, me and our IRC bots.
Raykun
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Raykun »

I say go to bleach sites and advertise there
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Just Bleach?

I'm sure if everyone put links in their sigs on other sites, that it'd be more noticed.

A banner maybe.
DRS_Airwolf
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by DRS_Airwolf »

Jasper, even though you have linked in the IRC room, there's only ever four of us at most, so that didn't exactly bring much attention to it. =P

Though being constructive on how to attract more, I'd say the banner idea would be best. Preferably something like Ryoko's end transmission; it's big and you notice it, but it's not too obstructive or too insanely huge.

Anyone care to try make one? </is-nowhere-near-good-enough>
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I did actually say there's only like 4 in at a time >.>

And... I'll make a banner if I'm given a brief for it.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

How about making afilliations with all Suzumiya Haruhi's-based sites?
I am sent from the galaxy of Ultheriop by High Magister Rulthferthanas of the HIAPS Being to investigate the cause of a massive dimensional wave disruption. The cause has been a.k.a. SUZUMIYA HARUHI
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

Komaka wrote:How about making afilliations with all Suzumiya Haruhi's-based sites?
No.
We have our reasons. In fact, it's why this site was created.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Fair enough. I guess if you make a site you also don't want to be affilated to sites that directly rival your forum.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

How about making a certain gallery?Surely going to attract attention.
I am sent from the galaxy of Ultheriop by High Magister Rulthferthanas of the HIAPS Being to investigate the cause of a massive dimensional wave disruption. The cause has been a.k.a. SUZUMIYA HARUHI
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

As in? A fan art gallery could be fun... with a NSFW section of course >3
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

A fanart gallery isn't a bad idea... I suppose you all are telling me that you have something to put in there?
Pandamonium wrote:with a NSFW section of course >3
And this is one of the reasons we won't be affiliated with certain other Haruhi sites. The answer on this is no, and will always be no, from every other staff member you may encounter.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Sadly,all fanarts I have was not made by myself.What is NSFW?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Nagato wrote:A fanart gallery isn't a bad idea... I suppose you all are telling me that you have something to put in there?

Pandamonium wrote:with a NSFW section of course >3
And this is one of the reasons we won't be affiliated with certain other Haruhi sites. The answer on this is no, and will always be no, from every other staff member you may encounter.
1- Yes... I've got one huge collection of my own drawings I can always improve =p
Or I could do a Haruhi-based fan comic if that'd work better. I'd need story ideas of course.

2- Can't win em' all. I actually didn't expect a serious answer to such a stupid comment =p
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Another suggestion.What about.....Making a SHnY soundtrack download section?A complete one.
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

Bandwidth usage (and costs) would punch a hole in the cat's roof.
Maybe a torrent database, like at AnimeSuki, would be viable. The staff would have to convene and discuss everything involved (legal risks, traffic, security, etc.) before implementing it, though.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

I see.Tell me if I can help with something then.
Alucard
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Alucard »

Well, I got a gallery, remember ? http://mikuru.haruhi.fr/post/list and rest assured : there is no NSFW .... in this one at least :wink:
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Maikeru.Y>

Post by Yuuki »

Heh thats alot of pictures, i liked some the Yuki pictures.

(i don't like pervy pics of yuki )
Alucard
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Alucard »

That's depend of what you call pervy pics... Some bunny girls aren't pervy at all, it's the favorite outfit of our goddess !
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Actually... I've been planning to do a webcomic for some time now. If I did a Haruhi based one... would it be possible to host it here?

Though it would be in my own style, my style is not completely different from that of the artist for the novels. I can scan in a certain page from my sketchbook, that depicts all the more prominent characters, if you'd like to see my style and ability. Unfortunately I can't do that until next week when I have time.

The stories would most likely be based on ideas of my own and of members here. Not sure of how long each would be or how regular updates would be though.

What do you think?

For a look at some of my work... there's my deviantart link in my signiture... there's also a topic on my art on the 'Random Ramblings' board.
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

Have to talk to the cat, since it's his site, but I like the idea - as long as it isn't full of suck :P
It goes without saying, but it would have to conform to the forum guidelines in order for it to be eligible for something like this.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Oh, sounds good. I'll do a decent drawing of all the characters for now. I have one question: characters from just series 1 of the anime... or all of the novels?
Nagato

Post by Nagato »

Pandamonium wrote:Oh, sounds good. I'll do a decent drawing of all the characters for now. I have one question: characters from just series 1 of the anime... or all of the novels?
Up to you. No one ever said this site was limited to the anime ;)
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I know, I was just thinking spoiler-ness. Mind you... not like I can't just put spoiler warnings.
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

Alucard wrote:That's depend of what you call pervy pics... Some bunny s aren't pervy at all, it's the favorite outfit of our goddess !
MAIKERU.Y>Good point.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I suppose actual nudity (not like the Mikuru stuff) and things directly relating to sex would be nsfw... which would mean that the more... questionable... parts of the novels still don't count as nsfw.