K-ON!

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: K-ON

Post by Taiga »

More like... anything just made to kill time.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Episode 11 sees Ritsu decide she doesn't like Mio making friends inside her class. She becomes so worked up by it she rage quits practice and gets herself sick.

The opening sequence was pretty funny, but also kinda fail as its just the re-hashing of the Mio-falling-over-pantsu joke, except now Azusa knows all about it.

vlcsnap-136666.jpg
vlcsnap-136666.jpg (41.93 KiB) Viewed 21611 times
Why is she so embarrassed? I find this another example of moe-failure where the animators are just cramming in every cute expression they can, whenever they can.

Next episode: Yui is sick (*yay* for creative story telling!). Tis the final episode of the series as well.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Kinda lost all faith in K-On,eh? *sigh*

I'm still enjoying Saki, FMA is picking up a bit and S2 soon :3
slothota
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by slothota »

xsirhc is just a hater.

He wishes haruhi has as much moe as Mio.

Stop living in denial. The ONLY good spawned from haruhi is TSURUYA and you know it.

:3

BTW why is "British English" the only language available when you're signing up? If there's only one, why have an option in the first place? Why is there no "egg omelets" or "Chewbacca speak"? And why is it British?

Also, the confirmation codes were SO hard to read. My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts but surely I has some cheezeburgurz?
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

*throws towel over sloths head*

Shush you...

Mikuru in maid outfit is DEFINITELY on par with maid Tsuruya. You know it is so.
slothota wrote:My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts
Only three?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

slothota wrote:xsirhc is just a hater. <-Actually he started the the K-On madness here.

He wishes haruhi has as much moe as Mio. <- Mio is as broken as the rest of them. She's like... a wimpy tsundere. How the hell does that work?

Stop living in denial. The ONLY good spawned from haruhi is TSURUYA and you know it. <- Joel would agree, more or less... but I recon you'll ALL be Yuki fanboys by the end of s2

:3 <- =| mien!

BTW why is "British English" the only language available when you're signing up? If there's only one, why have an option in the first place? Why is there no "egg omelets" or "Chewbacca speak"? And why is it British? <- because i'm here and that's all that matters.

Also, the confirmation codes were SO hard to read. My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts but surely I has some cheezeburgurz? <- Poor effort :3
Also... introduce yourself if you will, we have a welcome section. =D
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

Pandemonium wrote:
slothota wrote:xsirhc is just a hater. <-Actually he started the the K-On madness here.

He wishes haruhi has as much moe as Mio. <- Mio is as broken as the rest of them. She's like... a wimpy tsundere. How the hell does that work?

Stop living in denial. The ONLY good spawned from haruhi is TSURUYA and you know it. <- Joel would agree, more or less... but I recon you'll ALL be Yuki fanboys by the end of s2

:3 <- =| mien!

BTW why is "British English" the only language available when you're signing up? If there's only one, why have an option in the first place? Why is there no "egg omelets" or "Chewbacca speak"? And why is it British? <- because i'm here and that's all that matters.

Also, the confirmation codes were SO hard to read. My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts but surely I has some cheezeburgurz? <- Poor effort :3
Also... introduce yourself if you will, we have a welcome section. =D

ahh jasper, its this kind of thing that remindes me how awsome you are ^^ and i do agree with every thing you say.

also how can "TSURUYA" be the only good thing that come's out of the series! thats just a lode of rubbish :speechless: what about yuki :(
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Maikeru.Y wrote:
ahh jasper, its this kind of thing that remindes me how awsome you are ^^ and i do agree with every thing you say.

also how can "TSURUYA" be the only good thing that come's out of the series! thats just a lode of rubbish :speechless: what about yuki :(
Uh... thanks?

And, don't worry, by the time the 'Disappearance' arc is over EVERYONE'll be Yuki-fanboys. It'll be Mio all over again... but better.
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

Jazzy's in red, I'm in blue.
Pandemonium wrote:
slothota wrote:xsirhc is just a hater. <-Actually he started the the K-On madness here. True, that. I'm more of a hater than he is.

He wishes haruhi has as much moe as Mio. <- Mio is as broken as the rest of them. She's like... a wimpy tsundere. How the hell does that work? For your enlightenment, I direct you to TV Tropes article on Viewers Are Morons.

Stop living in denial. The ONLY good spawned from haruhi is TSURUYA and you know it. <- Joel would agree, more or less... but I recon you'll ALL be Yuki fanboys by the end of s2 NEVAR! Nothing can take Ryoko's place in my heart.

:3 <- =| mien! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BTW why is "British English" the only language available when you're signing up? If there's only one, why have an option in the first place? Why is there no "egg omelets" or "Chewbacca speak"? And why is it British? <- because i'm here and that's all that matters. Jazzy's delusions of adequacy aside... we went with British English because it has cooler slang. Now sod off, you bloody git! :P

Also, the confirmation codes were SO hard to read. My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts but surely I has some cheezeburgurz? <- Poor effort :3 Actually, it's hard to read so the bots can't get through. In the future, I suggest reading glasses.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
slothota
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by slothota »

Pandemonium wrote:
slothota wrote:xsirhc is just a hater. <-Actually he started the the K-On madness here. That's because he fails at life. He has a flowchart of how to live life. His daily routine goes something like this: wake up, fail, sleep.

He wishes haruhi has as much moe as Mio. <- Mio is as broken as the rest of them. She's like... a wimpy tsundere. How the hell does that work? Why can't she be a wimpy tsun?

Stop living in denial. The ONLY good spawned from haruhi is TSURUYA and you know it. <- Joel would agree, more or less... but I recon you'll ALL be Yuki fanboys by the end of s2 I have yet to see S2. Haruhi was good when I saw it, and probably would have been on my WATCH-THIS-8796213847963214-TIMES list if S2 came out in good time (and if it were a good season). But it didn't and no anime has been worth 3 years wait (actually no anime have made me wait 3 years).

:3 <- =| mien! OK then, I’ll use my msn nick  ̄ω ̄

BTW why is "British English" the only language available when you're signing up? If there's only one, why have an option in the first place? Why is there no "egg omelets" or "Chewbacca speak"? And why is it British? <- because i'm here and that's all that matters. Huh? I don't get it, are you some super dictionary that converts egg omelets to Chewbacca speak?

Also, the confirmation codes were SO hard to read. My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOLfail attempts but surely I has some cheezeburgurz? <- Poor effort :3 Seriously, I think a bot would have a better chance at getting it right the first time lol.
Also... introduce yourself if you will, we have a welcome section. =D I've never actually done this in any forums I've joined before. I think I'll just let myself show in my posts  ̄ω ̄
Isn't green awesome? too bad the brighter green I wanted to use hurts the eyes a bit.
xsirhc wrote:*throws towel over sloths head*

Shush you...

Mikuru in maid outfit is DEFINITELY on par with maid Tsuruya. You know it is so.
slothota wrote:My retardation may have contributed to the THREE LOL fail attempts
Only three?
No, just no Chris. Here are some fun facts for you:

1. Tsuruya martial arts >>>>>>>>> Mikuru beam.
2. Tsuruya fang >>>>>>>>>>> Mikuru breast mole.
3. Tsuruya laugh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mikuru anything.

Hence, when you solve the above equations simultaneously, the answer is clear. TSURUYA wins and will trump anything.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

slothota wrote:That's because he fails at life. He has a flowchart of how to live life. His daily routine goes something like this: wake up, fail, sleep. Interesting... it is just as I had imagined. Also... you did just insinuate that K-On is a failure.

Why can't she be a wimpy tsun?

I have yet to see S2. Haruhi was good when I saw it, and probably would have been on my WATCH-THIS-8796213847963214-TIMES list if S2 came out in good time (and if it were a good season). But it didn't and no anime has been worth 3 years wait (actually no anime have made me wait 3 years). Be sure to catch up when the second s2 ep is subbed (in the next few days, i believe) or I may just have to step on you. >O

OK then, I’ll use my msn nick  ̄ω ̄ wat O_O!

Huh? I don't get it, are you some super dictionary that converts egg omelets to Chewbacca speak? Sadly, no. You and Xor may share this lament.

Seriously, I think a bot would have a better chance at getting it right the first time lol. We shall simply have to hope that's not the case, then. At least until the next forum software update.
slothota wrote: No, just no Chris. Here are some fun facts for you:

3. Tsuruya laugh >>>>>>......>>>>> Mikuru anything.

Hence, when you solve the above equations simultaneously, the answer is clear. TSURUYA wins and will trump anything.
Shame the Tsuruya martial arts is wholly uncannon (for better or worse). The rest I agree with, however.

I, personally, am a Haruhi+Yuki guy (you'll see why when s2 comes into it's own). Actually... that's a lie. I like me some Kuyoh moar, but I have a feeling you won't know who that is.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

canon means reference to the official media right?
Aint the haruhi-chan episodes official media, coming from Kadokawa? Therefore tsuruya sugoi martial arts is canon...?

ugh....when it comes to the tsuruya vs mikuru...you know me too well there, sloth...

the fact that you have maid cosplay tsuruya on your shelf tears me up inside...
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

No, just no Chris. Here are some fun facts for you:

3. Tsuruya laugh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mikuru anything.

Gotta agree with that. Wouldn't say Tsuruya was the only good thing that spawned from Haruhi considering she was in, what, 4 episodes?
xsirhc wrote:canon means reference to the official media right?
Aint the haruhi-chan episodes official media, coming from Kadokawa? Therefore tsuruya sugoi martial arts is canon...?
Canon means the original media. Basically meaning the books. Haruhi-chan was more of a side-story parody thing... In any case, they should put Tsuruya's martial arts in the books anyway. That'd be awesome...
Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Yuuki »

(this is made of lols its my turn next, next)
slothota
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by slothota »

Joel wrote:Gotta agree with that. Wouldn't say Tsuruya was the only good thing that spawned from Haruhi considering she was in, what, 4 episodes?
I guess it's a bit unfair to say TSURUYA was the only good to spawn from Haruhi. However, she's the only one that I continually to like.

Aya Hirano was good for a while but I'm over her now (not that i don't still like her, of course. I do enjoy a bit of the odd girl now and then.).. Haruhi herself was ok I guess but like I said, I don't wait for 2D girls for 3 years, no sir. You know, after joining this forum, I watched Haruhi for the second time ever yesterday and yuki's beginning to grow on me. From what Chris has said to me S2 is Yuki's season =3 LOVE-LOVE.

And Panda:

I was inferring that Chris is a failure who bashes a good anime, doesn't matter whether you agree k-on is good or not, the fact is - Chris is a n00b. Always was one and always will be.

Anyways if you haven’t seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7Ss-mZhhE& go watch it. I had it on repeat for like a month.

How do you hyperlink in a post?
Last edited by Shamisen on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Sexual themes to a minumum, aye?
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

slothota wrote:
I was inferring that Chris is a failure who bashes a good anime, doesn't matter whether you agree k-on is good or not, the fact is - Chris is a n00b. Always was one and always will be.
as if i'm n00b, that comment doesn't make any sense. A bad anime aint worth bashing? Waa?
Sloth, read the previous posts. i loved this anime (K-ON) and it just got more disappointing with every episode I watched. besides, you told me you haven't seen K-ON! yet, waiting until after exams, ne? Whats this about re-watching haruhi? Watch K-ON! in its entirety before undermining my opinion, maybe you'll see my point before I call you a hypocrite..... :3
slothota wrote:How do you hyperlink in a post?
(PS: using the URL tag above where you reply post, DESCRIPTION....noob indeed)
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

slothota wrote: I guess it's a bit unfair to say TSURUYA was the only good to spawn from Haruhi. However, she's the only one that I continually to like. <- D: no Haruhi or Yuki love? You are not welcome here! Go away! (Actually... i retract that, much to Chris's dismay.)

Aya Hirano was good for a while but I'm over her now (not that i don't still lik her, of course. I do enjoy a bit of the odd girl now and then.).. Haruhi herself was ok I guess but like I said, I don't wait for 2D girls for 3 years, no sir. You know, after joining this forum, I watched Haruhi for the second time ever yesterday and yuki's beginning to grow on me. From what Chris has said to me S2 is Yuki's season =3 LOVE-LOVE. <- That would be true i guess. 3 Yukis, 4 mikurus, 2 tsuruyas, 3 haruhis and 2 itsukis. Yum. Yukis and Haruhis are definitely the highlights, mind. ~<3

And Panda: <- oh god, it's panEmonium, not pandAmonium!

I was inferring that Chris is a failure who bashes a good anime, doesn't matter whether you agree k-on is good or not, the fact is - Chris is a n00b. Always was one and always will be. <-You may know Chris outside of pH, but we'd rather you didn't use our homely little forum as a place to rip your friends. Surely that would be best served with a lot of alcohol and a sharp razor?
Kei

Post by Kei »

Pandemonium wrote:
slothota wrote: And Panda: <- oh god, it's panEmonium, not pandAmonium!
Actually, his nickname is Jazz... or Jazzy if you're being super-cute. :P
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I swear my nickname has seasons.

And ooh yay, this anime doesn't! ;O
slothota
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by slothota »

I don't really think that's a good thing, pande, but Ok.

['heh OK pande' is NOT 4 words. You are new here, but that doesn't excuse you for not READING THE RULES - Pandemonium]
Last edited by Taiga on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

either way, this weekends episode will decide all...
Kagami

Post by Kagami »

Did anyone actually finish the series? Worth me checking it out? Because I kinda stopped at episode 11...other then that this series is already fading into the dim recesses of my memory and HDD...
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I finished it.

Not that I could tell you much about the last few eps. =p

Oh, in the last ep Yui gets well but forgets her guitar and they have a sob session on stage when she gets back.

There's singing though :3
Kei

Post by Kei »

Yuuki
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: K-On!

Post by Yuuki »

ok i must admit i am a MASSIVE fan of there music(ive learnd every drum beat and am going to learn all the basss lines) and i do fantasise (unconsciously) about Mio(or someone much like her(

she perfect

))....that's about it... :/...the anime isn't really that good...
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

The anime isn't really that good. The only things that kept me watching it were that it was (loosely) about music and the fact that I liked Ritsu. Other than them things, I didn't really like the show. I'm guessing the only reason for it selling so well is because of the lack of other anime out this summer. And the other good anime the Japanese might have relied on's gone all crappy on them and us... If Endless Eight wasn't really 8 episodes long I don't think it would have sold as well.
Kei

Post by Kei »

Well, I've been giving K-On! a second chance, and I've found it to be a fairly average slice-of-life anime. This is both bad and good: on the one hand, it handles the typical slice tropes in a competent enough (and occasionally funny) fashion. On the other hand... the plotline is very cliched, and displays the same shortcomings that make slice a weak genre overall. Oh, and the art still sucks.

Ergo, thus far I consider it a "meh" series... neither good nor bad. Perhaps it doesn't deserve all the vitriol it has been getting, but it doesn't deserve much praise either.

Ritsu is awesome, though. As for Mio... I think she's overrated.
Shamisen

Post by Shamisen »

So how do you spend a beautiful Saturday morning / afternoon?? Why sitting in front of the computer and marathon watching K ON!...

Well It was interesting and fairly predictable... I felt as denied as I was when I finished Lucky Star... There is an opening for more episodes, They still have that Big Concert Gig to play... As Ryoko said there could be more development in the Plot and Characters.... As far as the animation goes it's not fantastic but it's not horrible either...

The cat rates this as a Five Scratching Posts....

*Zero posts = I haven't found a Zero yet!*

*Ten posts = Heaven, only thing that's better is unlimited Catnip.*

As far as bands go I have a bit of experience in those. My friends usually sat around talking music and then decided to finally play it, so some of those scenes in K ON! are believable .. Just replace the Sweets and Tea with appropriate Adult Beverages and Snacks...

On a sadder note, one band that a friend formed of 6 strong, only one survives this day... The future is so uncertain, like it was said in the series, live today to the fullest....

Enjoy the magic of every sunrise.
Wonder at the sight of snow.
Appreciate the joy of living in the now.
Upon tomorrow live a new life for a new day.
Shamisen

Post by Shamisen »

So Do V.A.'s look like their characters, or are the characters modeled after their V.A.'s?

You be the judge..

kon2.png
kon2.png (424.78 KiB) Viewed 21530 times

Shamisen

Post by Shamisen »

Although not topic related, here's another example of who's whom...

3270.jpg
3270.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 21520 times