Dragon Ball Online

You c-can discuss video gaming here. Just d-don't give Haruhi any strange ideas about dressing me up like game characters...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Dragon Ball Online

Post by Kei »

Now that the second trailer has been released, hype for the game is starting to build. Anybody here planning on trying it out? The trailer, despite not actually representing ingame footage, made it look pretty fun.

Here's a description of the character classes thus far:
Human

* Martial Artist (武道家, 무도인?, Budōka) - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamcha and Krillin.
* Spiritualist (気功家, 기공사?, Kikōka) - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chiaotzu and Tien.
* Engineer (엔지니어?, Enjinia) - Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma.

Namekian

* Dragon Clan (竜族, 용족?, Ryūzoku) - Members of the Namekian support caste which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende.
* Warrior (戦士, 전사?, Senshi) - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.

Majin

* Strange Majin (異魔人, 의마인?, Imajin) - Slender, evil-looking Majin who have a similar appearance to Majin Buu's original, pure form.
* Large Majin (大魔人, 대마인?, Daimajin) - Fat, happy-looking Majin who resembles Majin Buu's good form.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the Majin class... although playing a Human Martial Artist sounds like fun too.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: Dragon Ball Online

Post by Kagami »

My favorite characters from DBZ were Piccolo and Vegeta...so if I cant play Veggie then a Namekian it is.

Can't wait.
Kei

Post by Kei »

I still want to see a female Super Saiyan... you know, kinda like this.

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

What the hell is that covering her chest in the second pic? Surely they could have thought of something less... fail encrusted.

What about some Super Saiyan Konata?
b63e2e66f5830e1b16e440cb33badae6.jpg
b63e2e66f5830e1b16e440cb33badae6.jpg (407.94 KiB) Viewed 14357 times
Guess whatever it is that makes saiyan hair blond reacted with the blue dye.
Kei

Post by Kei »

It's a reference to Broly's original chest gear.

If I'm remembering correctly, the chest-piece was part of an inhibitor designed by Broly's father, Paragus, to restrain his uncontrollable power. As a child, Broly was powerful enough to destroy entire planets; coupled with his psychotic personality, it made him dangerous to all life in the universe. As an adult, without his inhibitor, he was unstoppable.

Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

I found the broly movies kinda pointless. Plus the music for the american dubbed version was crappy. Entertaining to a point, but Broly just wasn't an interesting character worth 3 movies.

As for the female super saiyan, I wish that would be included in the MMO...but alas no. Humans or bust.
Kei

Post by Kei »

Broly was a good villain in the first movie. Second and third... not so much.

I have a feeling they'll work Super Saiyan in there somehow. After all, Goku Jr. (Goku's great-grandson) was only 1/16th Saiyan and he could go super... so it can't be all THAT hard to do.
Stilts
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Stilts »

Which makes me wonder why the heck Pan couldn't go Super Saiyan, since she was one-fourth Saiyan. I'm guessing the answer is, "Because she's a girl," though. Stupid GT and its prejudice...

ON TOPIC: Yeah, I'll try it out if it's one of those free-to-play micropayment-based MMOs. Since it looks like it's being at least partially created by a Korean team, that seems pretty likely.

Kei

Post by Kei »

It's all for the best. Pan was annoying as hell. Then again, GT screwed pretty much everything up... it's best to just ignore it.

:off topic:

Yeah, if DBO free or if there's a free trial I'll definitely try it out.
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

I'll also try it if there's a free trial or something like that. It should be pretty interesting. There are screenshots on what the UI and battle system looks like here. It looks a lot like the typical WoW-type interface and gameplay... whether this is true or not, I think it could be a pretty fun game. :evil:

Oh, and you seem to be fighting a lot of Red Ribbon Army guys... should be interesting. :wink:
Kei

Post by Kei »

Hmm, their uniforms say "R P" instead of "R R". Maybe it's the Red Pomegranate army?
AzgalathQ

Post by AzgalathQ »

Huh... they do say "RP."

I think it's "Red Pants Army" because on the one where they fight a big dog-thing the symbol looks like a pare of boxer shorts (at least they do to me) and all such enemies seem to be wearing red pants. :-?

*edit* I tried to link to the exact pic... but that didn't work out so well... :(