Novel Review?

Here's where you get to discuss how totally awesome I am! That's right, a forum devoted to me, Haruhi Suzumiya. Post here a lot, especially if you're an alien, time traveler, esper, or a slider!

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Alucard
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Alucard »

I disagree : if Haruhi had rebuilded the World, she would have modify the result of the tournament :lol:
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

Not necessarily.

She'd most likely just create some random reason why the winner was to be eliminated.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Don't worry.I believe Haruhi-sama won't destroy this world so long as Kyon-sama can "handle" it like that time.Besides,all of my kin will try the bestest to protect and satisfy Haruhi-sama so Haruhi-sama won't destroy the world.
I am sent from the galaxy of Ultheriop by High Magister Rulthferthanas of the HIAPS Being to investigate the cause of a massive dimensional wave disruption. The cause has been a.k.a. SUZUMIYA HARUHI
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Glad to read that :lol:
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Ugh,can someone tell me the chronological order of the novel?I don't understand any explanation at Baka-Tsuki or Moonphase.Please,just tell me what to read after vol1 and then what after and after it.
I am sent from the galaxy of Ultheriop by High Magister Rulthferthanas of the HIAPS Being to investigate the cause of a massive dimensional wave disruption. The cause has been a.k.a. SUZUMIYA HARUHI
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

vol2 ? At least it's what I did :lol
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Komaka wrote:Ugh,can someone tell me the chronological order of the novel?I don't understand any explanation at Baka-Tsuki or Moonphase.Please,just tell me what to read after vol1 and then what after and after it.
Unlike the anime... the novels are in chronological order. they were released as he wrote them. it all makes sense. The anime is in the odd order because they CAN do that. They didn't MAKE them in that order.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

So its already in order?
Nagato
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Nagato »

Pandamonium wrote: Unlike the anime... the novels are in chronological order.
No they aren't. They are closer to it than the anime was, though.
There's a table somewhere that shows how to read them in chronological order, but you really don't have to - they're just as understandable in the order they were released.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I think I put that wrongly. I kind of meant your last point ><

Not sure why I put chronological =/
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Yeah,I have finished reading it now..Geez,I hate Sasaki.....
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Haha... I'm not so bothered by her. It's Kuyoh and that other time-traveller that bother me. Haruhi can take care of herself in this case. Though... I'm not sure of the other two's power. Itsuki... who gives a damn?
Nagato
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Post by Nagato »

The other esper is the one I'm worried about. The time-traveler is all talk, but this esper is borderline fanatical. Kuyoh I would be concerned over, if not for Kimidori and myself :D
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Hmm... that's a point. Emiri aswell. i want to know more on her. Bring book 10 I say!
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Im not concerned bout Tachibana(esper).She was fanatical yeah,but she's the same as Itsuki."No closed space,No power"which makes her almost zero threat.
And Kuyoh is already countered by Yuki so no prob.The time traveler?He can do nothing.He's as good as dead if he got Haruhi's typhon kick.But Sasaki!How dare she said the power was her!Thats a dead warrant!
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Komaka wrote:Im not concerned bout Tachibana(esper).She was fanatical yeah,but she's the same as Itsuki."No closed space,No power"which makes her almost zero threat.
On the contrary. she has the ability to enter Sasaki's STABLE closed space. This would mean she can enter at any given time. She also has the ability to take others there.

This makes her a very real threat.

What's more... who knows if Itsuki has power there? If he doesn't... or can't even enter... anyone dumped there is screwed.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Ehm,heeellooo?You forget something?Sasaki lost all her power.She's as normal as a human can be.
Wait a minute,anyway......WHO SAID THAT *#%!@ HAS A POWER?!
Last edited by Komaka on Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Eh? No... she still has her own closed space. That's proven to Kyon in a restaurant, don't you remember?

Besides... that's not necessarily the truth. Sasaki may just be an undeveloped version of Huruhi. It may even be that Tachibana is simply able to access her mind, while unable to access that of other people's. Maybe she's just simply an illusionist. None of this is proven yet.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

There is still possibilities that the one at the restaurant were made by Kuyoh.Remember what she does in Snow Mountain Syndrome?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

That's true, but I have my doubts. Tachibana is pretty the given opposition to Itsuki. I doubt that she'll be passed off as a fraud quite yet, or in that way.
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Yeah,I know that.She is a threat,but.....As I said,near zero.If you think about it the opponent side are outnumbered greatly.Tachibana is alone but Itsuki is 10.Kuyoh is alone,Yuki is with Emiri.Well,the time traveller is one on one,but he's weak.Last,Sasaki isn't ultra-talented like Haruhi-sama.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

i'd say that Kyouko was the biggest threat, actually. Fujiwara (the time-traveller), I'm not sure of... but I'm not willing to underestimate them yet.

WIKIPEDIA:
#10 The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya [citation needed] (涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyogaku)
Publication date TBA[3] (ISBN 4-04-429210-8)[4]
Komaka
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Komaka »

Ah,vol 10.With a fascinating title.The answer of our discussion might be in there.Lets just hope Tanigawa-sensei don't give any bad and disappointing event or worse,a bad ending for this most wonderful story shall we?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Lets just hope it's not an ending for now, shall we?
Hyde
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Hyde »

I believe Tanigawa-san is not that....foolish to make this story has something like a bad ending.Anyway,I agree,lets hope its not the end.At least until 2010.
Don't let your guard off, Koizumi. The most innocent looking can be the most guilty.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

2010? Nah... I say let him finish it on his death bed =p

Bad... depends on the definition. Sad endings give something a twist... it's quite rare. Though... it might not get an American publication if it ends in a sad way. =/
Smokie
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Re: Novel Review?

Post by Smokie »

Novel 10 will be extreme, I think. And yes, I think the Anti-SOS Brigade is relatively dangerous, at least Kuyoh.
I actually hoped in novel 9 that Kyon would shrug Tachibana off. Much like "Thanks, but Haruhi won't destroy the world." That would have been cool :)
And I wanna know already why there are two alternate versions of the plot.
Last edited by Taiga on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't swear
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Re: Novel Review?

Post by Taiga »

Smokie wrote:And I wanna know already why there are two alternate versions of the plot.
Simple.

S

L

I

D

E

R