Spring season 2011: MANTASTIC

Wait, there are people who watch anime other than mine? I guess you can talk about them here then...

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Ryu
Cognitive Organic Lifeform

Re: Spring season 2011: MANTASTIC

Post by Ryu »

TWGOK 2 7: I'm surprised how close this is sticking to the manga in spite of the past arc. I always liked "normal girl" Chihiro's arc so I consider that a bonus. Also my bizarro taste says this one was pretty darn good.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

TAILENDERS OVA: I liked the high contrast art style and character designs but the cg let it down. Basically what I should have done was watch REDLINE
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

C 7 aka episode 1: Mikuni should have been the protagonist, I'm not even kidding. He has a motivation for doing things, he is competent, he actually went through more character development in a single episode than Kimimaro has for the entire series
and the series isn't being weird about the relationship between him and his asset
Spoiler:
(it looks like/is his sister.)
Anohana 7: Woah kids skipping school to help their ghost buddy out? Amazing. Also, god dammit Menma you can prove that you exist yet you continue to allow other people to think that you don't, it's getting really annoying.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

T&B 7: I thought this episode was pretty good (for T&B), and that Dragon Kid most definitely needs more screentime! Highlights:
Spoiler:
Blue Rose finding out Tiger's a dad with a daughter half her age, Barnaby loving his little robot toy, T&B finally being bros, the Production manager crushing on Barnaby, mayor Obama, Dragon kid, very little OUROBOROS, The gag at the end, the episode preview (as always).
Dumb stuff:
Spoiler:
The three sisters outfits! C'mon you're kidnapping babies at least wear vaguely normal clothes! The massive continuity error when they get away from T&B (how did they even run that fast?) in the other direction, baby was kind of annoying, REUSING A FLASHBACK (use 'em sparingly if you have to but neverevereverever ever reuse them), the three sisters using tasers instead of guns (what?), Dragon kid getting jumped by 'em when she would've blasted them with her king fu had this been any other show.
I think they should have developed Dragon Kid and the villains more, and kept T&B periphery. Also I think Nathan is transgender judging from what happened.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

Gintama 210: Jesus Christ Gin at least get out of sight before stuffing the dude into a concrete filled trash bin. Other Japanese gangster related antics in this episode, as well as the introduction of one creepy misleading girl. Another fantastic episode.

(also starting to go through the backlog.)
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Ryu wrote:Anohana 7: Woah kids skipping school to help their ghost buddy out? Amazing. Also, god dammit Menma you can prove that you exist yet you continue to allow other people to think that you don't, it's getting really annoying.
Agreed. Still enjoying it though, plus Hanasaku Iroha and Steins Gate.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

C 8: Oh cool looks like they dropped that stupid romance thread and actually got the plot moving. We also learn what the C stands for!
Spoiler:
Cthulu
Also, calling it now, Kimimaro's asset is actually
Spoiler:
his mom/ sister that got vanished
BE 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQZHXp6cRY

WILL ASH AND BULBASAUR BE ABLE TO DEFEAT THIS GHASTLY MENACE!?

Hanasaku Iroha 9: They did it, they really did it.
Spoiler:
Store room girl better feature in later episodes!
TWGOK episode whatevs: filler
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

Gintama 211: Woah. Things just got real.

Hanasaku Iroha 10: Hahahaha this was the dumbest episode. It was supposed to be heartwarming but instead it just made Ohana look really self-centered, I mean come on she was only out for like a day and she starts freaking out! Sheesh!
Last edited by Ryu on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

T&B 10: Wow, it's like the universe itself doesn't want Tiger to go see his daughter. One day, one day.

Lots of mechs and minigun action this episode!
METAPOD NOOOOO
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

Ryu wrote:Gintama 211: Woah. Things just got real.

Hanasaku Iroha 10: Hahahaha this was the dumbest episode. It was supposed to be heartwarming but instead it just made Ohana look really self-centered, I mean come on she was only out for like a day and she starts freaking out! Sheesh!
Didn't really get the whole freak out part. She had people fawning over her all day, so I'm going to put her behavior down as fever induced/nightmares. I know from experience that when running a temperature, you think really trippy stuff. Other then that, the episode was fine.

What annoyed me from a few episodes back was how much of a limp noodle Ko is.
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

Anohana 9: Yadomi continues to be a terrible person (though it seems like he's being vilified for it this time), Menma gets a lot of screen time for some reason and fracturing begins in the rest of the group except Popo who is being a little weird.

[C] 9: I think Glen was right about Msyu being Yoga's daughter or sister! I thought the episode was pretty good (aside from the god awful opening), so I don't want to spoil too much, but I think it was really sweet how they resolved the relationship between Yoga and Msyu.
Spoiler:
Poor Mikuni.
METAPOD NOOOOO
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

METAPOD NOOOOO