Now here's a thing...

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Now here's a thing...

Post by Taiga »

My plan in life has been, for a few years now, to become an animator for kyo-Ani, or something similar. I took Art and Graphics at GCSE level. I started a national art diploma course this time last year.

My intention was to do that, then pursue animation and Japanese at university... one as a degree. I'd then do a post-graduate course in Teaching english as a Foreign Language [TEFL] and teach in Japan.

I'd get myself settled before applying to kyo-Ani and, failing that, other animation studios and Key/Visual arts [as an artist].

__
When i finished high school, I had my interview for college.

In this interview i was told that i could go two ways with the art I had... take the course i applied for... or have an interview for the games development course.

I chose to stick.

The facts were that i had actually failed art at GCSE, but had a GCSE in graphic products. I also never even had a look at what the games dev course WAS.

i chose the art course in that intention of pursuing animation and 3D design in the second year... which I haven't made it into. I haven't done enough work.

Now, having yet again failed an art course... i find myself introduced to the tutor of the games dev course...

It's pretty much all animation.

Even with the utter crap of failing my course, I haven't wasted a year... instead I've gained valuable experience as an artist and learned a lot. I've also learned that I NEED TO DO MY GOD DAMN WORK!

I have an interview coming up, for this course. It's pretty much certain that I'll get in, as the tutor has already had a good look at some of my drawings and even some of my old Flash work.

Apparently most people who do the course have no history in it at all.

=D
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: Now here's a thing...

Post by Kagami »

good luck mate, seriously. blitz the interview!
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Probably will ;D

Incidentally:

http://www.freewebs.com/middle-finger-site

gallary of middle fingers i made years ago... but click the link at the top. That is a series of animations me and a friend made. Think they're dated.Oh... I also warn you to turn volume off...

1st page has Alice Cooper playing VERY LOUD behind it... the second has System of A Down
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

Fail this one? try again. Keep going to study until u give up if nessecery
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

I won't fail this.

Simple =3
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Kagami »

you werent kidding about the damn music....everyone within 3 houses heard that...except me, my eardrums are gone.
lazysunside
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by lazysunside »

My eardrum is not gone yet. Got used to loud music hearing
The Fight Had Just Begun
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity

Post by Taiga »

Heh... I've done that at college a lot. xD
Joel
Sentient Organic Lifeform

Post by Joel »

Pandemonium wrote:Probably will ;D

Incidentally:

http://www.freewebs.com/middle-finger-site

gallary of middle fingers i made years ago... but click the link at the top. That is a series of animations me and a friend made. Think they're dated.Oh... I also warn you to turn volume off...

1st page has Alice Cooper playing VERY LOUD behind it... the second has System of A Down
I know almost everyone on that first page... Must send Scott it at some point just to make the point that he looks pretty bad in that pic...
Incidently, I didn't find the music loud at all... was pretty normal in volume... Either I'm used to very loud music or my speakers are really low. Probably the latter.