Haruhi doujin... story writing.

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Haruhi doujin... story writing.

Post by Taiga »

Ok, so I'm starting with a fanfic rather than the doujin itself.

This is NOT the piece itself, but rather a quick written piece I did as a make-shift intro to the characters... just to get my mind flowing (It didn't work).

For those who haven't read the novels there are references to things that have yet to happen in the anime. There will be a lot of these in the entire piece.
Spoiler:
"Hurry through quickly", came the voice.

I stepped through the swirly thing as hurried as I could, unsure what would happen if I touched the sides or stayed in between space too long.

"You look like you just ran a marathon, hahaha"

The girl ahead was laughing in the most rediculous way. Both hands clutching her stomache and her head tipped right back.

The swirly thing was a portal between dimentions. This was a new thing to me so, while I had been assured it was safe, I still felt uneasy knowing i was now in a completely different world.

This, actually, wouldn't be the first time I'd been in a different world, thanks to a certain silent girl. I sure hoped it would be the last.

"Oh, come on. This will be fun. Lets go!"

I wasn't so sure of that, but I kept silent. I was still rather in shock from suddenly being dragged into another world by someone who, until just now, seemed (sort of) normal.

But then, the same could be said about the other girls.

I sure hope my sister is normal. I'll have to ask Shamisen.

By the way; Shamisen is a cat, just to make things clear. He spoke once or twice, but he's still a cat.

While it's unusual for a calico cat to be male (ask a scientist), and even stranger that he might speak... he's a cat, still is. The strange ones are just the girls. And one, rather irritating, guy:

- One: The silver haired statue that is Nagato Yuki. She's an alien.

- Two: The small, childlike face and rather less childlike chest of... sorry, veered off there. She would be Asahina Mikuru. A time-traveller.

- Three: Koizumi Itsuki: A very irritating guy. Also an ESPer... That is, to say, he has ESP-esque powers.

- Four: Suzumiya Haruhi: She's harder to explain. To Nagato she's a possibility, to Asahina she's a roadblock, and to Koizumi she's more like a god. What they agree on is that she's the reason the other three exist as they are and that she's certainly stranger than them.

She's also the reason the SOS Brigade, our mismatched group of weirdos, exists.

___

"where exactly are we going?" I asked, slowly coming to my senses.

"I want to show you something" came the reply, now quite serious. This took me by suprise. Tsuruya-san never sounded serious. I would have started to worry if I weren't still utterly dazed already, from her sudden confession. This girl is a slider.

Since the beginning of my time knowing Haruhi, many rediculous and frightening things have happened. Mostly rediculously frightening. Supernatural occurances, to me, are almost run-of-the-mill. I've crossed between worlds, travelled in time, run from giant blue monsters and even created a paradox by saving myself.

Tsuruya's "hey, Kyon, I'm a dimentional slider! Come with me!" was rather more than I had been expecting of my tuesday lunch time, however.
Kagami
Datastream Command Interface

Re: Haruhi doujin... story writing.

Post by Kagami »

nice idea. whats the thread going to be for? critique of individual chapters perhaps? or an ideas pool?
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Re: Haruhi doujin... story writing.

Post by Taiga »

Both.

One person's ideas are rarely enough.