Harry Potter new book - leak?

HA HA HA HA HA! It's hard to take this forum seriously! Post about anything you want except spam here, but follow forum rules, OK?

Moderator: Datastream Command Interface

Is it real?

Maybe...
17%
No!!!!
50%
I think so...
No votes
Which one?
33%
Yes to one. No to other.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform
Location: In Kat World!!! Where's there's lots of kats...and lots of hair...

Harry Potter new book - leak?

Post by Katz »

Have any of you read this so called leak of the new book?

I have... and there's more than one!

Anyone Harry Potter crazy here??? (I'm a crazy.... :oops: )
"In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute.
Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe."
-World of Narue
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

What leak?!? Post a link at least...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

hp

Post by Katz »

you have to download it tho... this is the first one... and i think it's the fake to be honest...while the other.... i won't answer! :twisted:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26283578/Ha ... allows.pdf
"In my experience, people who feel as if they aren't special have more to contribute.
Feelings of frustration and doubt and the will to overcome these feelings makes you stronger than you could possibly believe."
-World of Narue
Dragon
Datastream Command Interface

Post by Dragon »

If I remember correctly.... The last word in the book was supposed to be 'Scar'. This doesn't have that... :roll: Since its been quite a while since I've listened to Mugglecast I can't say for sure.. but initially I would think this was bogus... but who knows...

*Edit* Ok after a very quick Google check I found this: Fake Harry Potter Leak! Since that PDF file in that link you posted is about 659 pages I would venture that it might the one they are referring to. Unfortunately I have not been keeping up on the happy happenings in the world of Potter so this is the first time I've heard of a so called 'leak'. Now what was the 'other' one you mentioned?
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

hp

Post by Katz »

*sigh* the stories aren't finished so hjow do you know if the last word is scar or not in them?

also - i do think this one was a fake...but i think it was a cover up. MAYBE!!

I found a nother version...and it's too REAL. If someone did fake it - it may be better than the REAL book. if you want it. pm me. sorry i won't post it. it's 496 pages but not done yet!! and it's a GREAT read...it's so a like to her style that i can't discount it.
-World of Narue
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

hp

Post by Katz »

i forgot to add something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uwQfQ1s8BA

anyone see this yet??
-World of Narue
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Ok... While I hate to use Wiki as a reference.. (I actually first heard about the 'scar' thing somewhere else), it is mentioned there as information from JK herself. I'm sure I heard it originally from the people at Mugglenet. But you can check out what Wiki says here: JK Rowling's Wiki entry
Rowling drafted the last chapter of the book several years ago, to give herself an ending to work up to. The last word of the last chapter of the book was said to be scar, according to Rowling in a 1999 interview.[34] She also suggested the last chapter and last word could change. This last chapter contains details of what happens to each surviving character:

This is the thing that I was very dubious about showing you... this is the final chapter of book seven. This is really where I wrap everything up, it's the epilogue. And I basically say what happens to everyone after they leave school - those who survive - because there are deaths - more deaths coming. It was a way of saying to myself, 'Well, you will get it, you will get to book seven one day. And then you'll need this!' So I'd just like to remind all the children I know who come around my house and start sneaking into cupboards that it's not there anymore - I don't keep it at home anymore for very, very, very obvious reasons. So there it is.[35]
Now as for your last youtube post.. thats a interesting mock up from other HP movies... kinda cool...
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

hp

Post by Katz »

... so does this mean to think there was a leak or no?

Also... I typed that question wrong. what i meant to say was - since there isn't an ending to either of the leaked stories - then you can't prove what the last word is - so who knows if it's the leak or not. sorry for being confusing. :oops:
-World of Narue
Kei
Quantum Dominion Singularity
Twitter: mikoto_desu

Post by Kei »

It's very unlikely that there was a leak. Most of the leaks have been disproven as simple fanfiction. Rowling, Bloomsbury and Scholastic are far too careful to allow any kind of massive leak to take place.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

hp

Post by Katz »

this is why I'm looking for another fan to look at it and give me a opinion- you read them? do you want the version i have? or does anyone know anyone that loves harry potter and would like to take a look?
-World of Narue
Dragon

Re: hp

Post by Dragon »

Katz wrote:this is why I'm looking for another fan to look at it and give me a opinion- you read them? do you want the version i have? or does anyone know anyone that loves harry potter and would like to take a look?
Ok, That first link you posted to the PDF file is indeed the SAME fake pdf file that you can download from the Fake Harry Potter Leak Article link I posted. So yes that is a fake. Its a fanfic someone made and posted as a 'leaked' version of the book. I have downloaded both files and they are the same. As for the actual final word in the real novel being the word 'scar' or not well that can only be answered by either reading the actual novel when it comes out, or if JK pops up somewhere and confirms it... It is very possible and likely that during the writing/re-writes/edits/etc that she could have ditched the whole 'scar' ending idea all together. I haven't heard of any other 'Deathly Hallows Leaks', other than this fake one and that there was a proposed title change for the book for 1 foreign country from 'Deathly Hallows' to 'Deadly Relics' (or something) due to translation issues. If you want, send me the file you have and I'll look at it, but I must say that just reading the first couple of pages of that PDF didn't 'feel' like it was something JK would write.
Taiga
Post Organic Data Entity
Twitter: Haruhi_SAMA

Post by Taiga »

Out of pure curiousity... how good was the 'leak' NOT posted... in comparison to the real thing?
Katz
Pre-Cognitive Lifeform

Post by Katz »

pretty good to great- to be honest!! You should take a look at both because in my opinion there are some parts that are better than those in the real book....of course it doesn't have PotterWatch but that's ok. :lol: if you want to read one here's a link...I'm not sure if there are any earlier in this tyopi8c and I'm too lazy to check so here's one...i have both on my computer so if you really wanted I could just PM them to you.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/85886/Harry-P ... an-Fiction

But for those who have read the fan fictions - OMG! Some parts were better then the real thing's parts! Voldermort torturing harry , ron, and hermione? HOW he does it! The whole Julia thing made me mad... especially because I haven't found a finished version of that one yet...it ends a while after Draco and Harry get snockered together. Yes folks! in one fan fiction they do and to be honest. I laughed the whole time. These stories go beyond dedication and into obsession! But with billions of books sold...it's understandable.[/url]
-World of Narue