We start off this episode by debating the role of ‘liberated sexuality’ versus feminism in American comics, then we take advantage of the lull in between seasons to get a couple of extra reviews in. First we discuss the psuedo-cyberpunk film Mardock Scramble: The First Compression, then the live-action adaptation of Space Battleship Yamato. After our regular anime reviews Dusty and Glen fangirl over the finale to My Little Pony‘s first season. Finally, a listener question from somebody named Instant Milk sparks off a discussion about the merits of flat chests versus jiggly boobs.
Please email listener questions to bakacast[at]projectharuhi.net or leave them in the comments below.
Note: I originally intended to use the Madoka Rap as the OP, but its lyrics are a bit too NSFW for the podcast. Listen to it here instead.
- 00:00 – OP: TAKE9 by Yoko Kanno
Reviews et al.
- 14:24 – Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
- 31:27 – Ikoku Meuru no Croisee 12 (END)
- 39:10 – Hanasaku Iroha 25
- 46:03 – Dantalian no Shoka 11
- 53:32 – Mawaru Penguindrum 11
- 1:02:48 – My Little Pony 25-26 (END)
- 1:15:03 – Space Battleship Yamato
- 1:29:56 – Listener Questions
- 2:06:20 – ED: Shinryaku no Susume