For this episode, we talk about the legality (or lack thereof) of the Chris Handley case that’s been going on for two years now, followed by our thoughts on whether Nippon Ichi Software America’s venture into anime licensing will succeed. Then, in the review section, we trip out on Interstella 5555 and bravely don our flame-shields to give our mixed opinions on Lucky Star.
Regarding Chris Handley:
- This is the latest entry in the ongoing saga.
- This article contains the law he was accused of violating
- And this is the Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition case Handley’s defense used to argue for precedent
Regarding NIS America:
- This is ANN’s news story on the announcement
Regarding Lucky Star
- So, that obscure reference to an anime store that Jon mentioned not quite understanding? The Anime World Order explained it in their review. The shownotes I just linked to have comparison videos of the joke, too.
Regarding the spring season:
- chartfag released a new anime season chart. Thanks, chartfag!