Last week’s debate indicated a fairly split opinion on the quality of the summer anime season. 59% of you said it was either average or horrible, whereas 31% liked it. 12% didn’t even bother watching any shows from this season at all. Based on these results, it think it’s safe to say the summer season received a somewhat negative reception from our readers.
As many of you have already seen, my room is decked out in all manner of otaku merchandise. Upon seeing those photos, one of my friends remarked, “Now that’s the kind of room guaranteed to repel girls. If she doesn’t turn tail and run after seeing that, she’s a keeper!”
That got me thinking. Are girls really turned off by such overt displays of nerdiness, as my friend claimed? The dream of any otaku (or any nerd, for that matter) is to find a significant other who shares their interests. I’m sure we’ve all fantasized about that perfect girl or guy who’s both cute and into K-ON!. The question is, can we turn that fantasy into reality? Is it really viable to meet an anime girlfriend or boyfriend? What would be the best method for finding otaku romance? Or are we all doomed to spend our lives alone, crying ourselves to sleep every night while hugging our catgirl body pillows? That, dear readers, is what this week’s debate is about. Cast your vote in the poll below, and share your thoughts in the comment section!
What's the best way to meet an anime boyfriend/girlfriend?
- I'd rather just meet a normal boy/girl. I don't care if they're not into anime. (29%, 35 Votes)
- I plan to find a normal boyfriend/girlfriend and convert them! (21%, 25 Votes)
- At a con! Go for the cosplayers, I say. (15%, 18 Votes)
- At your local anime club. (13%, 15 Votes)
- I already have an anime boyfriend/girlfriend. Jealous? (10%, 12 Votes)
- I'm not looking for companionship. I prefer the bachelor life. (9%, 11 Votes)
- Via a social network like Twitter or Facebook. (5%, 6 Votes)
- Via an online dating service. (4%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 127