This is the first “real” episode of Bakacast (the chronologically first episode was a proof of concept), a podcast hosted by Shamisen, Ryoko and myself. For this episode, we talk about alien designs in both Japanese and Western media, a point-and-click adventure game called The White Chamber and first Silent Mobius movie. Shownotes for this episode are after the break.
Click the image to download the podcast directly, or subscribe to our RSS feed here.
On the topic of alien design…
- The Japan Times article on the Na’vi design
- This is the HR Giger painting the Xenomorph was based on.
- Summary of the Star Trek episode “The Corbomite Maneuver“
- A picture of Macross Frontier’s Vajra
- I actually combined two different monsters from Goddannar (called mimetic beasts): this is the one with the decoy weak point, and this is the flying manta ray.
- Images of Ramiel and Zeruel from Evangelion
- Summary of the Star Trek episode “The Devil in the Dark”
On the topic of The White Chamber…
- Japanator’s Featured Fan Art column on Paul Johnson
On the topic of the first Silent Mobius movie…
- This is the Silent Mobius fansite Shamisen was looking for. Thankfully, someone moved it to a non-Geocities server.